What's new

How bout a Blu for The Black Hole (1979) (1 Viewer)

Garry Davison

Auditioning
Real Name
Garry Davispn
We have waited so long for a Blue Ray version of the black hole i hope they release it soon, as it will be 40 years since its release and deserves a tip top conversion and extras release. Come on Disney !!!

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
We have waited so long for a Blue Ray version of the black hole i hope they release it soon, as it will be 40 years since its release and deserves a tip top conversion and extras release. Come on Disney !!!

If Disney didn't see fit to include extras for the blu rays of 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea or The Parent Trap which were huge hits, why would they do it for The Black Hole which was a box office disappointment? If it shows up at all on blu, I suspect it will be via their Disney Club exclusives as most of their older live action films have been and without extras though I hope it would include at least the overture that is on the DVD.

kitt1987

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andy
I believe the 20th anniversary VHS had it as well, that was an Anchor Bay release too wasn't it? I have the anniversary tin box and it was a really nice set they put together, hard to believe it's been 20 years since that release already! Ultimately it would be nice to just get it on a UHD disc and be done with it but I would not complain at all for a blu release, bare bones even as long as the transfer is top notch!

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
FINALLY!!!
Coming August 13th I believe.

@Ronald Epstein : Request that you modify the title of this thread to
“How bout a Blu for The Black Hole (1979), COMING August 20th 2019.”

3F85EDF0-7C8F-4891-B311-B3EA51B8A215.png

Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
They’re real. This is how DMC announces their exclusives. They’re from the DMC website in the members only section. There isn’t a shareable link as you need to be a member to access the page.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
They’re real. This is how DMC announces their exclusives. They’re from the DMC website in the members only section. There isn’t a shareable link as you need to be a member to access the page.
Great news then!!:)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Actually it's not on DMC at all yet.

The announcements are made on the Disney Movie Rewards site -- Earn Rewards/At Home then scroll to the bottom of the 1st page for COMING SOON. Ive never known an item to be announced here and not be released and the pictures are put up in order of release. We know all the 4K items are coming 8/13 August would be the usual 8 week rotation after 20000 Leagues.

https://www.disneymovierewards.com/earn-points/blu-ray-dvd

Of course they could fling us a curve or delay it, but I just haven't seen that happen in years

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Although a UHD version would have been cooler. ;)

Now that is what I was hoping for but I won’t be complaining on what we are getting.

Imagine TBH79 in a true glorious 4K presentation. How exquisite the zero gee wires holding up VINCENT and Old BOB would look on my new 75” Viz Quantum :D. Why you might be able to make out the individual strands composing the wires :blink:.

Yes I know they’d probably be digitally removed but still.
Be interesting to see how VINCENT’s eyes look going red when reading Yvette Mimieux’s (:emoji_cupid:) ESP messages on the Blu-ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks