How big of a SVS sub do need?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Anthony GT, Sep 19, 2001.

1. Anthony GT

Anthony GT Stunt Coordinator

The future basement HT will be 15'x30' with an 8' ceiling. I want great bass(don't we all?) but I don't want so much that my wife can hear it in the bedroom upstairs!
    Any suggestions on how much sub I need?
    Thanks!
    Anthony

2. Ron Boster

Ron Boster Screenwriter

Please don't take this wrong, but why wouldn't you consult with Ron or Tom at SVsubwoofers...aren't they the best one's to advise you?

3. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

With 3600 cu-ft to fill, you'll likely be well served with one of our dual CS/S700 packages. Will the system be used for music enjoyment too? (if so---any pipe organ/telerc selections?).
    What type of full range speakers will you be running?
    TV

4. Anthony GT

Anthony GT Stunt Coordinator

Ron, no offense taken. I didn't know I could consult with Tom or Ron. And even if I did, isn't the whole point of this forum to be able ask others what their experiences were and what they have done?
    Tom, I will use them for music as well but to a small degree. Probably 95% DVD and 5% music. I'm not sure what type of speakers I'm going to use yet. I'm just starting to put my thoughts together and what I should look at.
    Anthony

5. SteveMc

SteveMc Stunt Coordinator

From threads I have read in the past, I think one that'll make your friend puke would suffice nicely [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Crash
    "I don't even own a gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack."
    Help us get the Friday the 13th films-UNCUT. Click Here or here