What's new

How big of a SVS sub do need? (1 Viewer)

Anthony GT

Stunt Coordinator
The future basement HT will be 15'x30' with an 8' ceiling. I want great bass(don't we all?) but I don't want so much that my wife can hear it in the bedroom upstairs!
Any suggestions on how much sub I need?
Thanks!
Anthony

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
Please don't take this wrong, but why wouldn't you consult with Ron or Tom at SVsubwoofers...aren't they the best one's to advise you?

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
With 3600 cu-ft to fill, you'll likely be well served with one of our dual CS/S700 packages. Will the system be used for music enjoyment too? (if so---any pipe organ/telerc selections?).
What type of full range speakers will you be running?
TV

Anthony GT

Stunt Coordinator
Ron, no offense taken. I didn't know I could consult with Tom or Ron. And even if I did, isn't the whole point of this forum to be able ask others what their experiences were and what they have done?
Tom, I will use them for music as well but to a small degree. Probably 95% DVD and 5% music. I'm not sure what type of speakers I'm going to use yet. I'm just starting to put my thoughts together and what I should look at.
Anthony

SteveMc

Stunt Coordinator
From threads I have read in the past, I think one that'll make your friend puke would suffice nicely :)
------------------
Crash
"I don't even own a gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack."
Help us get the Friday the 13th films-UNCUT. Click Here or here

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks