What's new

How big is your Home Theater?? (New Home build Question) (1 Viewer)

Tomas_S

Agent
Hi Everybody,

I'm in the process of building a new home and we are putting in a dedicated HT in the basement.

The basement will be framed next week and it looks like the biggest I can get it is 20'x14'. Do you think this is an acceptable size for seating for 6 and 100" screen?

I'd like to see pictures and room dimensions of anybody with a similair size HT.

Thanks!
Tomas

Drew Eckhardt

Stunt Coordinator
100" what? Wide? Diagonal? If diagonal, what aspect ratio?

I have a 13x19x8' room, 87x49" screen on one of the short walls. This works great for a first row 11' from the screen. 6-8 people fit no problem.

An extra 1-2' of width would probably be ideal to allow a bit wider main speaker placement (their centers are 30" from the side walls - so the sight lines well off center don't work) without side wall reflections.

Another foot of ceiling height would be nice too.

Tomas_S

Agent
Sorry, yes that is around 100" diagonal with a 16:9 screen. I wish I could go wider but then i'd be pushing my hallway less than 4ft. Don't want to do that.. :frowning:

Do you have any pics of your HT?

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
Tomas:

My room is similarly-sized (20'8" x 15'11"). You can check it out by clicking on the link below.

-greg

william-scooter

Stunt Coordinator
I am almost finished with my new home and the theater is 21x16x9. It will seat six easy. Some pictures are below. As you can see it is still in progress.

msnusers.com/ScootersHomeTheatre

Larry Lopez

Auditioning
Tomas_S,

I think fitting 6 it shouldn't be a problem. As far as the screen size goes, I think 100" might be a little too big. You might want to give this gentlemen Willy an e-mail: [email protected] He may able to assist you in building your home theater. He designed my home theater and I have 7 seats in my room (mine is a little bigger room than yours). Shoot Willy an e-mail. He definitely can help you since that's what he does for living.

Larry

Jeff Engel

Stunt Coordinator
Tomas, my room is 19.5 X15.5 and I have easy seating for 8. PLus I have a 123" diagonal 16x9 screen. You should have no trouble with what you are planning. My pics are in my signature link below. I only have couches for 6 but more than enough room for 2 extra chairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks