What's new

How big are small, medium and large rooms? (1 Viewer)

I've been researching subs in preparation of a purchase, and I keep hearing things like "this model does great in small or medium rooms", or "this model is perfect for small rooms, but for medium or larger areas you should consider that model".

The house I'm buying has a finished basement that will be my theater, main seating area is probably 15x12, maybe 15x17 or so if you include the bar area. Ceilings are either 7 or 8 feet.

Should I consider that a small or medium area?

Thanks,
Seth

Kevin T

Screenwriter
i would consider that a medium area. a good rule of thumb for audio / ht is "when in doubt...overkill!"

kevin t

John S

Senior HTF Member
Yes, an upper medium room there....

Small, usually means like Bedroom size, up to like 12' x 12' with 7' cielings.

Medium, up to about 20'x15' with 7' cielings.

My current is about 20'x30', I consider it a large room. It is my living room as I can't currently go dedicated ht room really.

Best of luck!!

I'd love to have a room that size. Out of curiosity, what speaker setup are you using?

As much as a huge space would be cool, I think I'll love my smaller but dedicated area more. The best part is that since this is a dedicated area, my fiance has relinquished ANY and ALL decision making power, decoratively speaking. No SAF here baby!

Thanks for the replies,
Seth

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks