How Best to Spent PGR2 Kudos Tokens?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jay Mitchosky, Nov 27, 2003.

1. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

I'm starting to amass a fair amount of Kudos Tokens in Project Gotham Racing 2. Now up to 22, which allows for the "purchase" of any of the top tier ultimate cars. I have my eye on the Koenesig (spelling?). That said this new unlocking system for the PGR cars has me wondering how best to spend the kudos tokens? Should I level up in the progressive car classes in the single player mode to beat the tougher kudos challenges (and therefore gain more kudos faster), or work to get a couple of hot cars in the more common online classes to be more competitive live?

What strategies are you guys using? It would be great if you could buy and sell cars, even if it meant a penalty in kudos (say spend a dozen kudos on one model, then sell back for ten at a later date). Still makes you consider how you're going to apply your points yet offers some flexibility.

2. JamesH

JamesH Supporting Actor

It doesn't really matter how you spend them, as long as you have enough to buy the best car in each class when you start it in the season mode. To give you some idea, I finished the game with mostly silvers and a few gold/platinum, and I had 100+ extra tokens when I started the last class, buying 1 or 2 cars in each class. Silver is really easy, unlike the first PGR.

If you want to just get 1 top tier car, it's a tossup between the Koennesig and the Enzo. The Enzo will beat everything on a long straight, but isn't as good in turns.

3. Christop_Holmes

Christop_Holmes Stunt Coordinator

well i have about 7 tokens so i cant be of much help sorry [​IMG] haha well but im gettin there, and i have to agree with this statement

4. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

The best cars (at least those other than the bonus vehicles) are 22 kudos each. I ended up struggling between the Koennesig and the Porsche Carrera GT and ended up going with the latter. Almost as fast but better handling. Didn't really like the Enzo as a bit too twitchy. The Showroom feature is very cool to try before you buy, but it would have been nice to have more track variety. I was unable to beat my fastest lap time with anything other than the Carrera. But I LOVED the sound of that Koennesig and Zonda. Amazing engine notes.