What's new

How badly does Amazon package your Blu-ray and 4k discs? (1 Viewer)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
When I received my copy of Hart To Hart Season 4 recently from Amazon, the packaging was okay and when I opened it, it was shrink wrapped tightly. But when I took the shrink wrap off and opened the six disc set, there were only disc 1 and disc 6 with discs 2, 3, 4 and 5 missing! And discs 1 and 2 were scratched! Fortunately, there's an Amazon Fresh store near me where you're allowed to return Amazon items ordered online (instead of printing labels and going to the post office etc.) and a replacement was received a week later in perfect condition.

marcco00

Supporting Actor
Real Name
marc
i do like that amazon prime offers such fast delivery, but i would

say 3 out of 10 blu rays arrive with the cases chipped, or cracked. i

bought a set of empty blu ray cases for this reason. however

The Curse of Frankenstein arrived with a broken case, so i had to

order some empty 2 disc blu ray cases. then The Court Jester

arrived with a broken CLEAR case! the packaging was so beautiful

i couldn't use a blue case, so i swapped a twilight time clear case

for a blue one and used that instead

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Hey guys, thought I’d post about a pleasant surprise for a DVD set that was sent to me today from Amazon. I ordered the Kung Fu complete series box set and it arrived in the usual flimsy white padded envelope. I guess the delivery guy was in a hurry as it looked like it was dumped near my front door. I expected the set to have banged up edges and dents.

What I did not expect was the set came inside a cardboard outer box. And the DVD set was inside all nice and shrink wrapped. I haven’t removed the set from the cardboard box yet but it looks good so far. It’s too bad this isn’t a more common practice, maybe other sets arrived like this, but most I’ve received do not.
View attachment 90458
The outer barcode sticker on the box screams "Fulfilled by Amazon," so I suspect the seller shipped the item to Amazon in that outer brown box.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Today brought 3 orders in 3 different packages and types.

1 in a plastic bubble envelope, 1 in a paperboard mailer, and 1 in a paper & plastic bubble envelope. All arrived undamaged.

sam uk

Auditioning
Real Name
Reg
To be honest, I've given up buying DVD and bluray box-sets from Amazon because their packaging is so poor. The same with books. Recently I took them up on a free prime subscription. There were several audio CD box-sets that were on my wanted list and attractively priced. I'm in the UK and I found out after I'd ordered that the first two sets were actually stored in France. That was the first hurdle for Amazon's shambolic fulfillment processes...
So here we go:

1) The first was a 2 CD fat box set. This took 7 days to reach me because it had been through 2 sets of customs. It arrived at 9pm in the evening, left on my porch in the wet. The packaging was a soggy flimsy card mailer with a big hole in it. See my picture! The set was damaged, the central part cracked through. I kept it because it was their last one.
2) The second was 3 CD fat box set. This never arrived. It was supposed to be delivered the day after the first set, but the update page just kept saying it would arrive "today" - it then continued to state this every day for TWO WEEKS! I spoke to Amazon before this and they said they couldn't refund until 2 weeks had passed. Customer services is now quite difficult to talk to in the UK. The refund was grudging to say the least. They couldn't admit it had been lost in transit despite it never having being marked as "delivered". When I finally got the refund, they told me that when the set was eventually delivered I'd have to pay them for it - still trying to pretend that their precious "prime" is world class and they couldn't possibly lose anything! I was never offered a replacement because again it was their last set.

3) The third was another 2 CD fatbox set. Blimey, this arrived the next day! Shock horror! However again the packaging was so inadequate there was a 6" hole in it - with my set swinging around loose inside. See my picture. Although the set wasn't broken this time, the seal wrap was rubbed and torn. Fortunately it wasn't a gift for somebody. Again it was their last copy.

There are several things to say here. Concerning the second set, my despatch update page actually said it had been put on the van and was out for delivery on the assigned day - and throughout that day I kept getting updates saying it would come later and later in the day, "before 10pm" being their last update. But it was never delivered. Considering the other 2 sets I bought, my bet would be that the package had fallen apart in the van and the set smashed.

I guess it's about 20 years back that I first bought anything from Amazon. In my experience, it's beyond any doubt that their packaging has steadily deteriorated year on year, I've lost count of the many many poor delivery experiences I've had. I have been through several long periods of refusing to buy from them at all. I think their much hyped precious "fulfillment" is actually more akin to a slaughterhouse or a refuse recycling centre. Their cockeyed philosophy of everything being done at breakneck speed is just greed - nothing more, nothing less. It's the same story with their packaging, their penny pinching mentality is just greed at it's worst. As far as Amazon are concerned, they really couldn't care a toss whether they were sending you a highly collectable £120 bluray box-set or a tin of baked beans. They REALLY don't care. To add insult to injury, they're no longer so easy to deal with if you have a problem.

There's a lot more I could add, maybe another day.

Attachments

• 745.JPG
    745.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 36
  • 595.JPG
    595.JPG
    579.9 KB · Views: 32

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks