How available are Phillips dvd players in Canada?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve Winkler, Jan 8, 2002.

1. Steve Winkler

Steve Winkler Stunt Coordinator

Can't seem to find Phillips around here, except for razors[​IMG] Do they sell many electronics in Canada, more specifically western Canada?? Curious to know if anyone can help.
    Thank you.
    Steve

2. PatrickM

PatrickM Screenwriter

Steve,

I'm with you. Getting Philips here is virtually impossible. You can't buy the Pronto anywhere I've found. Its kind of like Mitsubishi TV's.

Patrick

3. Steve Winkler

Steve Winkler Stunt Coordinator

Hey Patrick.
    I would've definately considered a Mits HDTV when I was looking too. It's a shame they aren't sold up here any more. Off to search the Phillips web page I guess.
    Cheers.

4. PatrickM

PatrickM Screenwriter

Steve,

Good luck on the Philips web page. It really has nothing for Canada just the US. Let me know if you find anything.

Patrick

5. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

Philips is distributed by Barrett Xplore, the same people who distribute Star Choice, so maybe ask your local Star Choice dealers if they carry Philips. If that fails, try calling Barrett and ask if they can point you in the right direction.
    The Pronto has a few sub-distributors and is easier to get a hold of. I can get them, so if you're intrested, feel free to contact me [​IMG]