1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

How are you setup to record tv/dss to vcr?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Evan Mann, Nov 6, 2001.

1. Evan Mann

Evan Mann Agent

I just realized, that only having a cable signal into my receiver and TV directly, means I need to have my receiver on if I ever want to record TV.
    My cable box only has 2 outputs, 1 RF and 1 RCA set. In a situation like tonight, I want to record some TV, but I won't be home till tomorrow night. I have to leave my receiver on all this time (wasting power most of the time).
    So as I see, the easiest thing that I need to do is split the RF signal when it comes out of the cable, and run 1 to the TV and 1 to the VCR. This would allow me to record w/o having the receiver on.
    If I ever wanted to record something like HBO and get the DD soundtrack, I'd HAVE to go through the receiver, since that's the only way to get that track out of the cable box (has a digital coax output)
    Anyways, I'm curious as to how osme of you with cable box and DSS are setup to record such things when your not at home?

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Most DSS receivers have two sets of audio and video outputs, so one can go to the VCR and one to the receiver.

3. Vin

Vin Supporting Actor