What's new

How are you dealing with life now with the Covid-19 virus situation? (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Today, I asked the guys running my local comic shop about their plans for Covid precautions and they said they're continuing to keep their mask policy in place for at least a few more weeks. They've been pretty militant in their restrictions for the last year. They've kept their doors locked so they can control the number of people that come in and no one gets away with not having their mask covering their nose. Now that they've all been vaccinated, they did loosen up on the maximum number of people allowed in at one time but they still keep the door locked so it can't get too crowded.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Had my son drive me to a Lowes Hardware to buy some much needed replacement twist and lock light bulbs, only to be greeted with "we're closed due to the current lockdown" (There were no signs indicating such, which would have been helpful!). Regardless, it was my fault for failing to realize not all stores are like WalMart, and actually are required by law to be closed during a lockdown, UGH! Phoning ahead would have also saved us a wasted trip.

I ended up ordering them through Lowes' online setup so that I can pick them up curbside when they have them ready.

CHEERS! :)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Had my son drive me to a Lowes Hardware to buy some much needed replacement twist and lock light bulbs, only to be greeted with "we're closed due to the current lockdown" (There were no signs indicating such, which would have been helpful!). Regardless, it was my fault for failing to realize not all stores are like WalMart, and actually are required by law to be closed during a lockdown, UGH! Phoning ahead would have also saved us a wasted trip.

I ended up ordering them through Lowes' online setup so that I can pick them up curbside when they have them ready.

Lockdown in the Great White North must mean something complete different from lockdown in ‘Murcia.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony

Lockdown in the Great White North must mean something complete different from lockdown in ‘Murcia.
Yeah, evidently, LOL! :P

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
In Ontario, all stores and restaurants are basically only available for curb side pick up. Food stores are still open but stores that sell other things besides food have those sections cordoned off. Personal services are also closed down and have been for over a month. Most tv news people and radio personalities are working from home.

We see broadcasters and politicians on TV with longer and longer hair. Our prime minister looks like Charles Dickens and the mayor of Toronto resembles Beethoven!

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
We see broadcasters and politicians on TV with longer and longer hair. Our prime minister looks like Charles Dickens and the mayor of Toronto resembles Beethoven!
Remember Tim Burton’s Batman, when they didn’t dare use makeup? They progressively looked worse and worse. :D

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
5439053B-A6AD-458F-A25D-770F288BF59F.jpeg

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I've been finding myself in an interesting situation. For quite some time, I've been keeping a mask tucked into the inside handle of the driver's door. When I go to a store -- even after mask mandates were lifted -- I'd wear one. But lately, I've found myself forgetting to grab the mask when I get out of the car. When I've gotten far enough away from the car, I tend to think "Screw it!" and just go in without a mask. But only when I'm going into to get one or two items and will be in-and-out quickly. If I figure I'm going to be inside longer, I'll go back for the mask.

Sometimes I feel guilty when I don't go back for the mask, sometimes I don't.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Not looking to ignite passions but I’ve not worn a mask in over 2 weeks going pretty much about my business. It was pretty easy getting used to it.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
We actually hope that mask wearing never totally disappears, especially after the almost complete lack of flu this year has been attributed to it. My wife doesn't want to rob banks or anything, ☺️but was just saying today that she likes the anonymity that masks bring.

Last edited:

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
I have 5 friends (so far) that have come down with colds in the last couple of weeks. Only 2 of them were anywhere near each other. 2 of them had a COVID test (negative), the other 3 are still assuming it was just a cold.

They are all older than us, got vaccinated before us, and also loosened up their use of masks sooner than I thought was wise.

They were all pretty miserable with their colds, one ended up on antibiotics after it moved to his chest.

I plan to wear a mask (when around others) indefinitely, just to try to minimize the risk of a stinking cold.

Mark

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I went to a book store today and I saw maybe 50% of people wearing masks which was a big shift from what I had previously seen there less than a week ago. It was 10 AM and it was already hotter than hell out so I assume that made some people ditch their masks but I think that once people stop wearing it, they aren't all that likely to go back.

• Agreed
Reactions: PMF

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks