What's new

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
What astonishes Canadians observing from our vantage point is the vehemence some people seem to have on the other side of the border. It’s the “you are wearing a mask so I will kill you!” attitude that some have that is so disturbing.
It astonishes many Americans that a vaccination and covid precautions are anything but health precautions. It’s stunning. This country has gone insane.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
What astonishes Canadians observing from our vantage point is the vehemence some people seem to have on the other side of the border. It’s the “you are wearing a mask so I will kill you!” attitude that some have that is so disturbing.
As Johnny noted, a lot of people that are living in this country cannot figure out how a public health emergency becomes a political flashpoint. One would think the goal of the entire population would be to do whatever is necessary to protect themselves, their loved ones, and everyone else around them.

Sadly, these are not the times we live in.
I remember the good old days when social encounters included individuals who held Kleenexes to their sniffling noses and would speak aspects of courtesies, such as saying, “Don’t get too close, I don’t want you to catch my cold”.
Now, it's closer to, "Yes, I may have a virus that may kill you and people I love, but I don't care and I won't inconvenience myself in any way to protect anyone, or do anything to help the country get out of this emergency any faster."

And people thought the 80's were the "Me" decade.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
At the start of the pandemic, I thought the woman that went before the San Diego City Council to complain about the mask mandate was quite humorous. In one breath she talked about her faith and in the next breath she mentioned that she doesn't wear underwear because "things got to breath down there". Then she likened wearing a face mask to being forced to wear underwear.

You can't make this sheet up. <sigh> I wonder if she was humiliated or pleased when her video snippet was played over and over on every news channel in the city?

Mark

PMF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
At the start of the pandemic, I thought the woman that went before the San Diego City Council to complain about the mask mandate was quite humorous. In one breath she talked about her faith and in the next breath she mentioned that she doesn't wear underwear because "things got to breath down there". Then she likened wearing a face mask to being forced to wear underwear.

You can't make this sheet up. <sigh> I wonder if she was humiliated or pleased when her video snippet was played over and over on every news channel in the city?

Mark
Undoubtedly by dusk, she was definitely debriefed.:D

Last edited:

Henry Krinkle

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert
My wife and I live in Toronto. We are both retired. I am 78, my wife 66. We are still in lockdown as Toronto got hit quite badly. The lockdown is scheduled to be lifted around mid-June so we will then be able to go outside for any reason. As of now we are only allowed to get essential produce, medical appointments or for health walks.

It has been difficult. I have increased my video viewing and reading. I have gained some weight due to lack of walking each day to meet my friends at a nearby mall. We have had our first shots and will get our second this month, if supplies allow. I am not depressed but feel irritable at times.

Thank you for letting us vent on this big issue. Safe times to all members.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm no expert at telling peoples' ages through video clips, but I'd say more than a fair amount of anti-maskers/scamdemic people I've seen clips of would likely have had their formative years in the 80s.
Good point. Though the 80's was my formative decade and I didn't go insane in my 40's (at least not yet). ;)

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Spent Monday with family for the first time since last July (COVID numbers plummeted to almost zero at that point last summer around here with all the local colleges closed for the summer, so made the only exception until yesterday to avoiding people since March 2020).

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Today I celebrated the fact that I could walk into a supermarket without a damned mask just as I celebrated the fact that on Sunday I could participate in my church choir without a mask. And in so doing I was not "stupid" , nor was I ignoring "science" and I am not going to apologize to anyone for how I feel about the subject.

Glenn C.

Agent
Real Name
Glenn
Today I celebrated the fact that I could walk into a supermarket without a damned mask just as I celebrated the fact that on Sunday I could participate in my church choir without a mask. And in so doing I was not "stupid" , nor was I ignoring "science" and I am not going to apologize to anyone for how I feel about the subject.
Are you fully vaccinated?

PMF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
I know a guy, in his mid-forties, who actually believes that if you drink a daily cup of boiled water and honey, then you shall not become infected.

Huh? What?!!

Boy, it’s such a relief to be fully vaccinated.:thumbs-up-smiley:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glasses Freek
Recent bookmarks