What's new

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
What's ironic about the discussion of CVS/pharmacies and whether they're suitable to treat post-shot allergies...

I get my shot from my local nationally ranked hospital (due to where I work) with some of the top healthcare professionals in the world. And I've never been asked to stay 15 minutes after my flu shot, which I get every year. Time to knock some stars off of their Yelp review...
Because my former employer dd not want to cover the cost of a flu shot in a doctor's office, I was provided with a coupon for Walgreens to get the shot. A pharmacy tech administered the shot (after signing a release form) and said "have a nice day." He did not ask me to wait in the area.

My doctor's office doesn't have an official wait time after administering shots. But. as they usually require bloodwork (and/or a urine sample) and I have to wait for that ... I'm usually in the Doctor's Office for more than 15 minutes after the shot.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Sam Posten
E6D635C6-54EE-4275-9438-47072A629342.jpeg

Finally got a haircut. I don’t go out much and don’t trust my old spot...
4AE2E292-A08C-4B3D-9131-A1B333B36D8E.jpeg

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
One of these days I’m gonna let my wife take a pair of scissors to my head... she might even let me live :D

I can’t believe that the last time I had a haircut was before my kids were born. I don’t get mine cut as often as many but a year and a half is a long time between them for me.

HawksFord

Premium
Real Name
Maurice
One of these days I’m gonna let my wife take a pair of scissors to my head... she might even let me live :D
I had my wife cut my hair a couple of times in the spring and early summer. When the numbers were looking better here, I went back to the barber a in the late summer and early fall. But once we got to Halloween, the number of cases started increasing and we've gone back to the home haircut. It's not professional quality but it's good enough for me to not have to wear a hat during my video calls -- as one of my co-workers did after giving himself a haircut.

DaveF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I’d started getting my haircut in late summer when things were seemingly getting better around here. But I canceled the post-Thanksgiving haircut and am waiting indefinitely.

That said, I paid my stylist for the canceled Thanksgiving haircut. And I should pay her for the haircut I’d otherwise be getting the end of the month.

Part of my dealing with all this, is choosing a couple of small, local businesses, and intentionally using them the past 9 months and giving extra big tips. I can’t do a lot, but I can help a little.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I have not had a haircut since February 22, 2020. This is way longer then I’ve ever let it go. I usually cut my hair every 4 to 6 weeks. My hair is longer then it’s ever been in my life and I’ll let it go until there is wide spread vaccine distribution. So maybe I’ll let it go till the end of this year. :)

DaveF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I have not had a haircut since February 22, 2020. This is way longer then I’ve ever let it go. I usually cut my hair every 4 to 6 weeks. My hair is longer then it’s ever been in my life and I’ll let it go until there is wide spread vaccine distribution. So maybe I’ll let it go till the end of this year. :)
HTF really needs a "WOW!" reaction :)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Mine hasn't been cut since mid-Feb as well, but it's still got some ways to go before it surpasses my longest length ever, haha. Of course, I did "sport" a moderate length ponytail for (most of) roughly a decade before going back to keeping my hair short-ish in the last few years. Still, I suppose I might get there in a few more months... unless I just have my wife chop off some for me before then, which she had done a few times back when I mostly kept it long... :cool:

_Man_

Last edited:
Reactions: PMF

jayembee

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jerry
I normally get a haircut once a year. Usually 'round April or May so that my hair is short during the heat of summer, and long during the cold of winter. When I'd get one, it would involve cutting it back to just below the ear.

My wife gets hers cut every 5 weeks. Her haircut person has been re-opened since May, and takes all the usual precautions (so far, it's not caused any problems for her or any of her customers). I get my hair cut there. My most recent haircut was in June, and I decided to get a buzz cut. It was weird. I was bald for a short period a dozen years ago after having chemotherapy, but I hadn't had a buzz cut since I was a little kid.

I'm fine until May or June this year.

Mark Booth

Premium
Since the last time I posted in this thread, 14 of my friends have been diagnosed with COVID. Of those, four ended up being hospitalized. Three of them didn't make it, one passed just before Christmas, one just this past Friday and another just today. All three ended up in ICU on ventilators. The fourth one was able to recover with just the help of supplemental oxygen and various treatments. He got to go home yesterday.

How am I handling it? Not well. My wife and I are absolutely devastated. I said a long time ago in this thread that the virus was getting too close and it was only a matter of time before someone I cared about was affected. But as bad as I expected it all to get, I never expected to lose 3 friends in a period of about 3 weeks.

:emoji_pensive:

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guardyan