Robert Crawford

Real Name
Robert
This morning I had my second shopping trip this week to my local grocer and Target. I must say my experience today was much better than my earlier experiences. The crowds were less and the stores have their personnel better trained to handle this situation. I think the reduced shopping hours and quantity restrictions are helping the stores inventory-wise. It's still nowhere close to being what it was 2-3 months ago, but it is getting better. Toilet paper, paper towels and wipes are still very low in inventory. I was finally able to buy some chicken today while the beef products were more plentiful than they were earlier this week. There were plenty of eggs, but the frozen vegetable section was decimated. There was even some bottled water.

TBH, I was well prepared inventory-wise for this kind of situation as I'm the type of person that buys stuff on sale even though I have plenty of something. A lesson learned from my parents and grandparents.

Dennis Nicholls

Executive Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
My last text from him after I said I was glad I was retired read "Yeah. Was thinking that. Good time not to be in healthcare. On the flip side, you can see firsthand the good we do".
A college friend was the CEO of a hospital in California. He retired last year. Did he just get lucky?

JohnRice

Film Editor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
What bothers me is how much this whole situation reveals the worst of human nature. Yesterday Colorado Gov. Polis announced that the exact same guidelines that have been in effect for a couple weeks are now an official Executive Order. Not a single change, just that the same guidelines are now official. Once again, people went insane. I always go to the supermarket near work (one of those huge King Soopers Marketplaces) on Thursday morning, and saw people coming out with two carts filled to spilling over. I managed to get eggs for the first time in a month, but the egg section, which has to be 20' long, had maybe a dozen packages left.

This just makes things so much worse, and this irrational hording needlessly spreads and amplifies the sense of panic.

Last edited:
Reactions: usrunnr

Josh Steinberg

Film Editor
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Maybe a blanket “only 2” policy isn’t the best way to go about it. There probably isn’t one easy or fixed limit that could be easily applied. A limit of two boxes of eggs per transaction sounds perfectly reasonable for a single individual, but that limit could place a burden on a family of six. You want to put in limits so that there’s enough to go around, but not so many that anyone shopping for a family has to keep coming back to the store every couple days.

Reactions: Tony Bensley

Mike2001

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
My afternoon project is to install a bidet toilet seat. It’s been sitting in our package quarantine zone in the front entry for the last couple of days so should be okay now. The hope is that this reduces our family’s TP consumption - we have about a week’s supply left from our pre-shutdown Costco pack. Maybe we can stretch that to several weeks with the new seat. I haven’t seen TP in our local stores in two weeks and I’m not keen on venturing further afield.

Mike2001

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
All our local parks and nature preserves shut down 2 days ago because people had been gathering there in numbers too large to enforce social distancing. We have been going to our local botanical garden to get exercise every day. It is rather large, with a perimeter lap a little over a mile in length. It hasn’t been very crowded so it has been easy to maintain social distancing while we do our laps. With all of the other communal outdoor spaces shutting down, the botanical garden instituted a reserve tickets in advance policy to insure numbers will support social distancing. Okay getting tickets so far. Hopefully it stays that way.

Last edited:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
My afternoon project is to install a bidet toilet seat. It’s been sitting in our package quarantine zone in the front entry for the last couple of days so should be okay now. The hope is that this reduces our family’s TP consumption - we have about a week’s supply left from our pre-shutdown Costco pack. Maybe we can stretch that to several weeks with the new seat. I haven’t seen TP in our local stores in two weeks and I’m not keen on venturing further afield.
That gets right to the seat of the problem. ;)

Nelson Au

Film Editor
Senior HTF Member
A friend sent me this link of a YouTube video on how best to deal with buying food and groceries and bringing it home. It’s quite good. This is one thing that was really giving me a lot of anxiety, so this video helps a lot. If you’re interested, here it is:

Reactions: Tino

Robert Crawford

Real Name
Robert
A friend sent me this link of a YouTube video on how best to deal with buying food and groceries and bringing it home. It’s quite good. This is one thing that was really giving me a lot of anxiety, so this video helps a lot. If you’re interested, here it is:

Tino posted that video in the other thread. It has some good pointers.

Reactions: Tino

JohnRice

Film Editor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
How am I coping? I’m embarking on a Nicholas Sparks movie marathon. I’m serious. I plan to watch ever last one of them.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Popped3off