What's new

How are you dealing with life now with the Covid-19 virus situation? (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
One thing I did notice in the produce section was that all of the bananas were separated into individual units. No bunches. :dance:

I suppose the concern was that folks would pick bananas off of a bunch and place them back on the display area? First time I've ever seen that. (Probably going to be saying that about a number of things in the coming months, assuming I am around to make the observation of course.:eek: )
I've seen some places that are now switching to per-each pricing on fruits and vegetables, rather than per-pound. Not quite sure what this accomplishes, other than they don't need to put everyone's food on the same scale to weigh it (but presumably they were sanitizing the scale anyway).

Not separated individually, but I noticed one of the stores here is now selling bananas packaged in plastic bags only, no more free-range bunches.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
What I REALLY need soon is a fucking hair cut (I don’t think any of those places are open now).
Same here. I always let my hair get out of control before finally getting a haircut. The last haircut I had was in September or October so it was coming to that time for me but then this happened so it might take another couple months until I can see a barber. I'm going to look like a 20 year old from 1975 by that point.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I generally get a haircut twice a year. I was behind schedule and predicted a problem coming, so I got a haircut about a week before barber shops and salons were shut down in Colorado. :dancing-banana-04:

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
The garden nursery we patronize is closed to customers but they are doing pick-up and delivery ($20 for any size order). I'm going to order some blooming plants for the side yard planter (about 125 sq ft) and have them delivered. Still trying to decide which plants to get.... definitely some roses, maybe a couple of agapanthus, and perhaps society garlic.

Mark

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hey Adam, glad to hear you’re doing better. So it sounds like you really did have the virus, but a mild case.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Hahaha...

There were several years back around the 2008 financial crisis when I kinda gave up looking for a convenient enough shop to cut my hair the way I'd want and just let it grow out. Went w/ a ponytail most of that time and just had my wife chop off some whenever it got too long, except maybe a couple times when I'd try again at a different shop. IIRC, it usually took a year or so to grow it that long after a regular cut.

Of course, I just tried a different shop back in mid-Feb (because the lady I liked apparently retired) and got a somewhat shorter-than-usual (for me) cut. My hair is actually now around the length I normally want, so you better hope this thing doesn't last long enough (like another year-plus) for me to grow another ponytail, LOL.:laugh:

_Man_

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Bagels.

I'm eating bagels for breakfast, because I've time in the morning for them. If this continues, I'll have to invest in a bagel slicer.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I just use an old electric hair shaver to cut all my hair off, once every few months.

Though I don't bother shaving my head bald. Too much work to maintain it regularly with a razor blade.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Well we got a large earthquake to add to our issues here in Idaho. It was almost 100 miles away from me, up near Stanley in the Sawtooth Mountains area. A magnitude 6.5 gets diluted by the time it gets down here.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/th...cid=spartanntp

It's tough being in Stanley right now. Hwy 21 from Boise is closed due to rock slides and an avalanche. The only other road goes through coronavirus hot-spot Sun Valley/Ketchum.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks