What's new

How are ya doing in Neverwinter Nights? (2 Viewers)

Kami

Screenwriter
Beat first chapter finally

Turns out I left that heart lying on the floor in the prison :laugh: ...i checked my quests and noticed the only one that didn't mention finding part of the cure was peninsula district...so i went there and it took me like 10 minutes to locate the damn thing on the ground. the pouch was camoflauged for some reason, or would only appear when i looked at it on a certain angle. Maybe a bug? oh well

Corey Hancock

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I'm just about to finish chapter 3. There are some pretty cool battles in this chapter. Also, a word for those people starting ch.2, this is the longest chapter in the game so take your time and do as many of the quest that you can. You'll want to be pretty high level before you start ch.3. I think i was around lv15.

Corey

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
That's me, Corey. I'm just starting up chapter 2. I got into it, looked around and found soooo many quests to go into, I ended up saving it last night and going to bed. I want to start fresh and jump right into it. ;)
Btw, I'm a level 8 fighter. I'm second guessing which way to to go with him though as far as armor/weapons. As far as weapons, I'm torn between a greatsword (the Harbinger Kin) and a longsword +1 and tower shield +2. Granted, better AC with the longsword/shield but quite a bit more damage with the greatsword (goes great with cleave). Also - I've got the Chromatic Breastplate and some other type of armor. I suppose I should know exactly what it is (half plate +1 I think) before asking for opinions.
Anyhow, wish me luck! Chapter 2 here I come!

Corey Hancock

Stunt Coordinator
John, I've currently got a level 17 Paladin and all through ch.1 and most of. ch.2 I was using a great sword +1. I was taking so much damage mainly due to the lack of no shield, but damn was I dishing it out. About midway through ch.2 I found this long sword +2 cold enhanced (i can't remember the name) and a +2 tower shield. I decided to equip it and see what happened. It was great, I wasn't doing quite as much damage as I was with the great sword +1 but, as my levels progressed I used weapon focus and improved critical feats on the long sword. Now at level 17 I'm getting up to 3 hits per turn and on average doing 15-36 points of damage each hit.
I traded my cold enhanced sword for this long sword you can craft in ch.3, forget the name of the sword (I'm at work and the game is at home :frowning:), but the sword is a +3 long sword with sonic enhancement. My armor class is 35, I think my armor is called armor of freedom, it's AC8 +3. I've got a few other items to increase my AC, but overall I think going sword/shield really helped.
Ch.2 is a great chapter, there is so much stuff to do though. I spent an entire weekend on it. Over three days I played for something like 25 hours!!!! That was doing all the quest and combing dungeons I could find. Good luck on ch.2, and if you need any help post here and I'll see if I can give you any.
Oh, BTW, just wait till chapter 3....you will get your first of many encounters with DRAGONS
!!!

Brian E

Screenwriter
Anyone find a guy to make you weapons, like the guy in chapter 1, in chapter 2? I've got 140,000+ GP and nothing to spend it on. I'm running around cleaning up a few side quests before I head to Luskan.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Brian, I feel ya. Though I found the guy selling the Armor Of Horus-Re and the like. I'm only carrying around a paltry (!) 25k gp so I can't quite afford it yet.
Corey, I may as well go with the long sword/tower shield combo. I'll definitely need the AC in higher levels. But I hate to give up that big damage from the Harbinger Kin! Hopefully I can find someone to make/sell me a high-falootin' longsword instead of this plain ol' +1. ;)

Corey Hancock

Stunt Coordinator
Brian, I'll try to go back to ch.2 and see if I can find a smithy...otherwise you'll have to wait until ch.3. For soem reason I don't remember a smithy being in ch.2 though.

John, I got a +2 long sword/cold damage somewhere towards the middle of ch.2. I think I found it off of a boss, but then again I might have bought it...can't remember :b . But when I made it to ch.3 I took a diamond and a magical long sword and the smithy made it into the astryal (sp)+2/sonic damage 1d10!!!! Also, I leveled up this morning and I put a point into 2 weapon use and equipped the +2 and a +3 long sword!!! That's what I'm talking about. It was great. But, I was still taking to much damage, so I went back to the sword/shield.

Corey

Brian E

Screenwriter
Got through all the Ch.2 side quests (pre Luskan anyway), I think. Only 2500XP away from 14th Lvl now. No luck finding a smith that makes weapons so I guess I'll stick with my Desert Wind Simitar or whatever it's called. Has anyone seen Mithral Chainmail available anywhere? I've seen Mithral Splint, but that's it. Right now I've got Chain +3 and that's the best Med or Light armor I've found.

Next stop Luskan.

Corey Hancock

Stunt Coordinator
Brian, there is a quest called the Fantabulous Contrapulator or something like that in Luskan. You are supposed to find I think 4 levers to make this device work and I think it makes items for you, but I think it's just potions. The next smithy is in ch.3's first town. He will make the same items that you can have made in ch.1 but they will be more powerful, ie: +2,+3 type weapons/armor.

Corey

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Ouch. I'm in chapter 2 and can not for the life of me get past that Brother Moras spellcaster. One mind-affecting spell and woosh - I'm toast. He's got Greater Dispelling (which is a 6th level spell, meaning he's at least 11th level) and I'm a 9th lvl fighter. No match.

I'll keep trying but it seems almost impossible.

Brian E

Screenwriter
John, he took me a while to get past. I just had to keep running around while he used up his spells on my henchman & my summoned creature & animal companion. When they were all dead I blasted him with spells and then beat on him until he died. Also make sure to lure his helpers out into the entry area and whack them before taking him on.

It also doesn't hurt to buff your character up on spells or potions before you run in there.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I did just that - he was left alone by himself and it took all my potions of clarity but I got 'em.

I'm up to 10th level and I spent almost all my money on the mithral splint mail (AC: 27 now) I'm now in Charwood/South Road area looking for the boys...found one. Also looking for the 5 books, found 2.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Kami, just so you know, if you press tab, it will show you everything you can manipulate in the game, from doors, to switches, to hearts on the ground :)
cheers!
Josh

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
What heart on the ground are you talking about? Is it necessary to continue in the game? I'm kind paranoid as I've rushed through some parts of the game. I probably need to slow down and pick up a few levels before going on to the next bit. ;)
Oh well...

Corey Hancock

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I just finished the game...nothing could have prepared me for the last 9 hours that I endured. I kept telling myself, I'll only play for thirty more minutes......yeah right. Anyhow, my character reached lv20 when the final boss was slain. I won't say anything about the ending though, I hope everyone else enjoys the rest of the game. I think I'm going to find some modules to download and maybe start my own module...and of course start another character!!!!

Corey

Oscar_R

Second Unit
considering everyone in this thread is actively playing the game, linkin my auction is inconsequential. Its only done for dramatic effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks