What's new

How are velodyne subs? (1 Viewer)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
The CT-150 and the CHT-15" (both the same) are great for the money if you can get one for $450-500. I have experienced a few subs and from my experience they are very good for the $$ if you can find them for a good price? I just sold two CT-150's for $375 to your door. Dam good sub for $375 if I don't say so myself.:rolleyes:It was just time for me to move on.

Carl Gaff

Second Unit
I have a Velodyne CHT 15" and a Velodyne SPL 12" and love them. I auditioned quite a few other brands. After comparing price vs performance vs quality I wil choose Velodyne every time.

Carl G

John_Clement

Auditioning
I have the Velodyne SPL1200. I really enjoy it, but it is perhaps a bit overkill due to the fact I live in a condo. I can't turn the thing up past 3 for fear of shaking my neighbors out of their beds. It really moves some air. It is an accurate sub good for music and great on HT. Velodyne makes a quality sub throughout their price/model range.

Karl_Sp

Grip
I recently purchased the CHT-10. First off let me tell you that I am new to home theater and I am new to subs. I first purchased the Polk PSW250. It was ok for home theater, really good actually for the price, but craps for music. I took it back and got the CHT10. The CHT10 is not really in the same league as the PSW250, its double the money so its not really fair to compare them. I first hooked up the CHT10 in my girlfriends basement (medium - small sized space) and it seriously kicked ass for music. In a small room I think this sub is incredible. Before people start going nuts on me that HSU and SVS are way better let me remind you that I dont know anything about subs, I just know I really liked what I heard from the CHT10. I brought it back to my house where it has been in use for the last two weeks(music and theater). I have it in my basement, which is a fairly large and open space. The performance did decrease slightly in my basement but that is to be expected because of the bigger space. In some spots the sub still sounds really good and in some spots not as good. The acoustics of the room suck. Anyways, I'd say the sub is awesome in small rooms. Still pretty good in medium rooms and not the best for a large room. I still live at home with my parents so I hoping that when I move out(soon) that I'll get a house with a nice room for my home theater (not to big)

karl

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I like Velodyne subs. I've had a few HGS's. Sometimes they do have quality control problems though. You can check audioreview.com for the specific models you're looking at.

RobWil

Supporting Actor
I bought a Velodyne sub in around 1994 which retailed at the time for $600. It recently started sounding really funny so I opened it up and found a paper cone woofer with foam surround that had rotted away, and a bunch of foam rubber that looked like it had been just tossed in there for damping. When I called to ask about the replacement driver I was told about $50 shipped. I don't know if it's different today, but based on that there ain't no way I would ever buy another Velodyne. And they were supposed to have been like the Cadillac of subs back then.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks