What's new

How are these BUDGET PLASMAS? (1 Viewer)

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Dish has some local channels in HD with their package but not in my area. I have an external antenna to get those.
Its not actually the rain that gets my reception down, it more of the heavy clouds, albeit for a brief period of time. It is probably the only gripe I have.

xAbre1200

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Justin
Why a 50" is not so appealing to me any more is because when you are watching normal TV signals, you are basically blowing up the picture *alot* more on a 50" than on a 42"........ im not sure if the TV quality will be the same on the 42" then on the 50". Will there be some quality difference when i watch TV? Also, I watch some VCD's time to time and i know that the quality will be even more reduced if I watch it on a 50" then on a 42".

Is this true?

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Justin

I have a 65 inch RPTV and the SD channels look fine at 12 feet with Comcast Cable. I just don't know how to explain to you that different TVs display SD at very different quality levels. Panasonic plasma 50 inch is way better with SD than most other types of display at 42 inches.

Like I said in post #15, Panasonic TH-50PX60U was excellent on HD, DVD and SD TV. However, since you can't afford it, just get a 42. You should be able to get the Panny 42 inch plasma for less than $2,000.

xAbre1200

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Justin
I went back to costco this weekend and noticed that 50" is alot bigger than I though compared to the 42". I think i'l be getting 50" now, the Panasonic TH-50PX6U for 2499.99 looks awsome. But I also noticed a Toshiba 50" plasma (50HP16) as well for also the same price (2499.99)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks