What's new

How Are The Saw Movies On Blu? (1 Viewer)

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Since these movies are pretty gritty looking I was wondering if the Blu-Ray transfers make it worth re-buying. Granted I have only the first 2 but I'll be looking to getting all 5 if its worth it.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
If an increase in PQ is what you're looking for, I'd say rent them first. They're not bad discs but, like you said, they're gritty looking movies so I didn't notice a big increase between the DVDs and the Blu-rays. Though obviously, the Blu-ray does look better.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
I wouldn't buy the first one. The second DVD release ("Uncut Version") had the gore removed for the "R" rating restored, but James Wan also recut some scenes and redid the color timing. This is in effect a directors cut. The blu only offers original theatrical R.

II - I think lost features that were on the DVD, but you'd have to double-check that one.

III - I believe had actually a couple of extra features on blu.

So III onward are good, but I & II could be better - especially I.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Honestly, at least the first two are $10 at WalMart. If you're a fan of the films, they do look better on BD, just not to the point where you'd want to show it to friends as an example of the superiority of the format.

Matt Thompson

Stunt Coordinator

Both not true. Saw II has all of the features from the Special Edition DVD.

Also, and this is an easy mistake to make, the cut of Saw on Blu-ray is unrated. The box lists the R-rated theatrical version, but I assure you the film included on the disc is Wan's director's cut.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks