How are the N-Gage games?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Blu, Nov 23, 2003.

1. Blu

Blu Screenwriter

How does it work with the multi-play?
    This is pretty fascinating to me and am considering it!

2. Simon_Lepine

Simon_Lepine Supporting Actor

You can play multiplayer with Bluetooth technology, it's a wireless technology and doesn't use the phone service. It can be done from any reasonable distance, from 0 to 30 feet I would say.

As far as games goes, the best is probably Tony Hawk right now, it's pretty good.

3. Blu

Blu Screenwriter

Well that kind of sucks, I was hoping for a wireless gaming network from anywhere to anywhere.

I suppose that would be the best thing that could happen and hopefully does happen someday!

4. James T

James T Screenwriter

Right now, I think Bluetooth is the only thing that works. Q1 of the new year, Nokia hopes to expand multiplayer to include GPRS. I don't know how it's going to work unless you have unlimited WAP access, since this will probably cost you a lotta $$$ if you pay per kb.

The other online ability it has is the recording device. For single player games like Tomb Raider, it records while you play and then you can send it out online for others to view. It makes posting FAQ and game hints/secrets easier.

And regarding the previous thread in the hardware, yes, I do have the N-gage now.

5. Simon_Lepine

Simon_Lepine Supporting Actor

As James point out, there is also a thing called N-Gage Arena where you can download and upload stuff from a server. Right now it's limited to stuff like shadow racing, high scores, and extra content, but eventutally it is supposed to support real time multiplayer through a network.