What's new

How are Pioneer receiveres? (1 Viewer)

BryanZ

Screenwriter
The Elites are good but you may want to look elsewhere. Try getting one from Denon, Onkyo, Outlaw, or Yamaha.

Stan T

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Pioneer Elite receiver that I love. It's the best one that I could find when I was demoing receivers. I've had other Pioneer receivers in the past & haven't had any problems with them. The build quality is excellent. I think you would be very happy with it.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
Has anyone had a chance to try out the Pioneer VSX D850S? It looks pretty loaded (not DPLII) but is DTS ES compatible.

Louis M

Auditioning
Elite look very nice especialy when stacked one on top of the other.
See? Link Removed

David Susilo

Screenwriter
I love the Pioneer. Not because it's Pioneer, but because it's the only MOSFET receiver within the price range.
As far as DSP goes, stay away from Pioneer, they suck big time.
Ideally what I want is Yamaha's DSP and Pioneer's MOSFET, but there is no way I'm buying an RXV-3000 just as a pre-pro.

Thomas_A

Second Unit
I have a regular pioneer..the 509s...and it has a lot of great features and in almost a year of having it..no issues. the remotes are great- the power rating very over-rated...but sounds great on my bedroom Ht. I normaly do not like pioneer stuff..but for the price I paid for my 509s..I think I got a bargain
------------------
So far, So good, So what
Link Removed
http://thomas2307.homestead.com/thomasworld.html

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Ive owned a shit load of Pioneer receivers including the 5700, 9700, D2S, and 606. I currently have a 509 hooked up to my wife's HT set up. I love it, $249 for DD and DTS! I have had an Elite 29 receiver for my HT setup and very much liked that too. In about Feb. I bought an Outlaw 750 amp and then switched to using the elite 29 as a preamp, what a difference in sound!! Anyway, my elite 29 was shipped with a broken remote, they replaced it. Several months later an internal part broke they fixed it. Then a year later, something broke again, this time they replaced it with a new Elite 39 receiver.
Pioneer gear varies in both price and quality. They offer both budget and high end products. I also think their customer service is way above many other companies out there too.
FWIW,
Gregg
------------------
The Sonodome
The Newest Sonotube
Gregg's DVDs
The Family Units

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I have an old Pioneer 606 in my bedroom for the bedroom TV and I love it. It sounds fine & dandy and has great fewtures and a fantastic remote. Pioneers are great in my book.
------------------
Philip Hamm
AIM: PhilBiker

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit
I like the Pioneer Elite receivers. The only problem I have is when the new model comes out. I'm always one step behind when it comes to features. :)
My 1st ELITE was the VSX-07TX. Nice receiver, but no DTS. 2nd was the VSX-29TX. Much better than the 07TX, but no THX EX. Then comes the VSX-39TX. (My current model.) A bigger improvement over the 29TX.
Now, this fall is the VSX-49TX. This will be my 4th ELITE receiver in my set up. I can't wait to try it out!! As for the 39TX, I'll probably start up a 2nd HT set up. I sold off the 07TX and the 29TX.

MatthewJ S

Supporting Actor
I sell the elite line only (have for many years) also sell the denon, yamaha, sony es, reg. sony...the elite ,I would say is 4th, maybe 5th on my list, based on sound quality/impact...thx seems to stand for "THanX for your money, here's your rubberstamp/logo"

Andy Kim

Second Unit
How is the regular line of Pioneer receivers?

I'm thinking of getting either the VSX-D710s which has some nice features or the very basic Yamaha RXV-420. Normally I would spring for the Yammy but I heard it has a lot of hiss and it doesn't have a digital volume level which I found to be an annoyance in the receiver I have now.

The Pioneer is rated at 100W while the Yammy is only 65W.

Any feedback on Pioneer or these two choices?

Thomas_A

Second Unit
First..I have a Yammie RX-V795a for main HT and a Pioneer 509s for My bedroom. though both have a lot of the same features...The yamaha blows the pioneer away: IN sound, Quality, and Power! I dont know what hiss your refering to..but my yammie does not hiss...unless the material playing does. While the pioneer is rated at 100w... I bet the 65w on the Yammie will be louder and cleaner.. Yammies are a higher current amplifier than the pioneer...

anyway..good luck and have fun

Len Cheong

Second Unit
Luis, I have the d850s and got it for $250 on boxing day. For a medium sized room, the amps are fine but you may want to use the ext amps for a larger room. It can process DTS ES and DD EX.

RicP

Screenwriter
Just to echo the sentiment here...
Pioneer Elite Series = Superb.
I use an Elite 29TX as a pre/pro and it's fabulous. It was even great when I was using the amplifiers in it too. :)
P.S. Louis M, That's an awesome setup you have there...great job!

Chip E

Screenwriter
I own a Pioneer SX-780 Stereo receiver and have owned it for eighteen years. It's actually quite a bit older than that. It pulls garage duty now. I also still have my very first CD changer, a Pioneer PD-M510 which is also in the garage (six disc magazine changer- circa 1985 which still works great! :) Anybody remember SILO ? Lol..

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I've been looking into getting another Pioneer receiver too. Just about all of them use 6 ohm speaker outputs. Can someone explain what happened to 8 ohm? (which I have, naturally). It's holding me back from getting another one.

Oh, another plus for the Pioneer receivers, which I just love, by the way), is the control cable that is tied into my DVD and CD changers. I can just use the receiver's remote to get them going.

Glenn

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks