What's new

How are Mitstubishis 70" (1 Viewer)

Robert K

Agent
I want to replace my 57" 3:4 RPTV with a HD ready. To get the equivalent size display as we are used to watching, I would need a 70" 16:9. Mits seems to be the only one that makes them that large (Sony too but $7K is too much).

What about Mits? They seem to have many models and its confusing. Are they a well designed TV with good display at that size? What is the best model HD ready?

I expect Im only looking at a CRT type RPTV at that size. I am a little concern about screen burn (3/4 in 16/9) as I Have experienced that with my Sony (the PIP box edges have left burns so I know it can be an real issue).

Anyway, thankyou for any thoughts

RK

Ken Custodio

Second Unit
I was looking at the 70-inch mitsubishi rptv...actually it was more like drooling. It is a great tv has bigger CRT guns, I think 13-inch crts?? But it would never fit in my small media room. :frowning:

There are a lot of threads on this forum about preventing Screen Burn-in. If you get Avia or Digital Video Essentials and setup your tv using the guides on the DVD's you will be much more happy with the picture and have less chance of screen burn in.

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
I've had Mitsubishi TV's as long as I can remember, and comparing them to anything else I like them the best. Not to mention they seem to have a great life span. My 1991 Mitsubishi TV lasted up until 2002, and only burnt out from a minor problem. 11 years is great for a TV I think, more than the average life span. At that rate I can keep my 50" Mitsubishi for about 6 more years.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Mitsubishis are great, and right now last year's models (the x11 series) are getting blown out to make room for the 2004s. One local store is selling one of last year's 73" models (I forget the exact one) for $2500.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks