What's new

How are dvd subber subtitle scripts created? (1 Viewer)

Mick Wright

Second Unit
Just curious how the subtitle streams are created. I have a French R2 copy of Le Mepris (Contempt) and I can't find a subtitle script for it.

John O

Stunt Coordinator
For those of you that have viewed a movie like this on your PC, I have a couple of questions. Is it comprable to watching a DVD that comes with subtitles? Or is it different to the point of distraction. There are several Japanese films that I am interested in. Gojoe being the first on the list.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
yes, it looks like DVD generated subs. You can also set your font, color, and drop shadow if you so desire

John O

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff
I already bookmarked that site for future reference, thanks.
I don't suppose you have a place where you can get the DVD's for free ;). I was looking at the site and I could not find a list of scripts. Did I miss them?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
There are links to sites with scripts. Most of them are for anime I'm warning you now.

If you're looking for anime scripts, try fansubs.net

If you're looking for other foreign film scripts, that may be harder. Anime fans and the industry really have the most complex and most experience subtitling ANYTHING, and it shows. If you have another copy of the movie, you can use that script and Sub Station Alpha to make your own.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
If you use one of these subtitle programs, can the subs be outputted to a TV, or will they only show up on the computer's monitor?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
You must be outputting what's going to your monitor to the TV for it to hit the TV. It reads the DVD's timecode to time the subs, and then overlays them onto the signal

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks