How are Best Buy Gift cards distributed?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeathStar1, Nov 25, 2002.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Just curious, given some of the d iscussion regarding their random giveouts in the past here.
    For instance, About two months ago, we bought a new computer desk for our newly rebuilt shorehouse. We didn't receive a giftcard then. However, when we bought the same desk a week or so ago as we where re-modelling my room at our year round home, the lady at the register gave us one because we spent over $100's. Heh, strange considering t he desk was the same price as it was two months ago [​IMG]..
    Are these things just randomly given out when they are on overload, or is there some pattern to 'em?
    Also, just in case no one visits the reatail area, can we use them as discounts online, or are they in store only?
    Thanks

2. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen
    They are often given away as an "in-store rebate" You purchase item X and receive a $20 gift card. These are often listed in their sales flier which you can see on their website or in your Sunday newspaper.

P.S. According to their website, it looks like gift cards can only be used in-store.

3. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Hmmmm, pretty sneaky. I'd rather have a cash or credit rebate rather than in-store credit. But still this is better than none at all, and I usually happen to like BB's prices of newly released DVDs.