What's new

How are 30" + LCD TVs as computer monitors? (1 Viewer)

Jason Keis

Grip
I'm currently looking at Syntax, Sharp, and Sceptre....

I'm concerned because most TVs have a high dpi, like .50-.55mm. Generally a good computer monitor is more like .24 dpi...

How would the computer image look on such a large screen with high dpi? Just wondering...

Would it be sufficient for graphics work too?

Thanks...

Jason

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
The high density of pixels can give an excellent computer graphics image, but you have to be aware that the electronics may be insufficient to give you that level of sharpness and also the electronics might not accept the scan rate (768p for XGA, 600p for SVGA) you choose on the computer.

Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
The high density of pixels can give an excellent computer graphics image, but you have to be aware that the electronics may be insufficient to give you that level of sharpness and also the electronics might not accept the scan rate (768p for XGA, 600p for SVGA) you choose on the computer.

Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Jason Keis

Grip
What about those dual purpose LCD displays that are advertised as TV/computer monitors with .50 mm dpi?

Jason

Jason Keis

Grip
What about those dual purpose LCD displays that are advertised as TV/computer monitors with .50 mm dpi?

Jason

Mark Larson

Supporting Actor
Most common LCD TVs don't have the resolution to make a good computer monitor. It'd make an excellent monitor for the visually impaired, but other than that, i wouldn't recommend it solely because the pixels would be huge. XGA (1024x768) is comfortable on a 14" LCD monitor, not a 30" one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks