What's new

How about this setup, missing anything? (1 Viewer)

Jim Ritter

Auditioning
Onkyo TX-SR501 6 Channel Home Theater Receiver
$299.99

Polk Audio FXi 30 Pair Black Dipole/Bipole Surround Speakers
$279.99

Polk Audio RTi28 Cherry Pair Bookshelf Speakers
$199.99

Polk Audio CSi30 Black Center Channel Speaker
$149.99

JVC XV-FA90 Black 7 Disc DVD-V/DVD-A/CD/CDR Player
$149.99

This is all from Crutchfield online, the best selection and prices I'm finding right now. Any reason not to buy from them? Also, how about that matchup with the Onkyo, Polk and JVC?

Thanks.
Jim

rin

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Jimmy,

where's the sub?:confused:

BTW, I have that JVC player and it's worked great for me. Great picture, DVD-Audio, 7 discs, and the best feature of all-it will scale properly flagged 4:3LB discs for widescreen displays.

Jim Ritter

Auditioning
Oh, right. I'm going to use my existing sub, an Infinity BU-2.

This is my beginning in HT, by the way.

Any advice on cables? How about equalizers? Does anyone use them anymore? Is there anything anyone knows for certain I'm bound to forget to add or buy?

Jim

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
Crutchfield is a very reliable, customer oriented e-tailer. I'm a little surprised you are finding that they have the best prices as they tend to be a little higher than other authorized e-tailers. This due to the cost of their customer service and they tend to have lower shipping costs that they build into their pricing. Overall, I tend to find that J and R Music and Computers (jandr.com) has lower pricing but they don't ship the Polks out of the NY tri-state area. But if Crutchfied has the best pricing in this case I would have no problems at all buying through them. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks