Agent
has anyone used these before
Bose In-Wall Speakers (191)

BOS 191INWALL
• Articulated Array® design
• Two 2 1/2" drivers

• Ported enclosure
• Paintable grilles

or does anyone have any other suggestions around $250/pair??????? i really want some dipole/bipole inwalls but cant find any that are under $1k for all 4. thanks for any help

James Edward

Supporting Actor

I hope you get along with your neighbors! With massive drivers like those, you'll have to play them real quiet-like...

Seriously though- Bose speakers are usually overpriced relative to their sound quality. Whatever the Bose price is, I'm sure other brands (Elan, PSB, Boston Acoustics, Paradigm, Polk, etc.) have similarly priced offerings that might sound better(though in-walls generally aren't very good in the sound department).
Virtually all in-walls have paintable grilles too.

Good luck in your quest...

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
blech...I thought you were looking at QUALITY speakers?
M&K make some "Plasma" S-150 type speakers, certainly very low profile.

Why the fuss about in-walls? If you buy bi/dipoles similar in colour to the wall they really do disappear. Normal surround speakers are cheaper too. You can easily buy 4 bipoles QUALITY speakers for $1000 (second hand)

nickMahler

Agent
i have polk FXi5 for side surround and RT/fx for rears both are bipole/dipole. but im wanting to put some in wall speakers in before we paint it. i was looking at the phoenix gold SSi-623 bi/dipoles or the MTX from parts express. would it be better to get the inwall with a built in enclosure or use them freeair/infinite baffle.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks