What's new

How about the complete "Three's Company" collection?! I really want that... (1 Viewer)

Luis Gabriel Gerena

Second Unit
So what do you think, is there any chance of it happening any time soon? I really love that show as its my favorite comedy of all time.

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
I'm with you, Luis! I would love to see the episodes be available on DVD. If they ever do become available, I wouldn't have to watch the re-runs every night. :)
------------------
As for the bad rap about the characters--hey, I've seen space operas that put their emphasis on human personalities and relationships. They're called "Star Trek" movies. Give me transparent underwater cities and vast hollow senatorial spheres any day. --Roger Ebert on The Phantom Menace

LARUE

Stunt Coordinator
What is happening to the world?
patriot.gif

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if they would edit the episode where you can see Jacks balls? When they aird the marathon on Nickelodeon, they played an episode where Jack jumps onto a bed, and his testicles come out the side of his shorts. Apparently it has always been like this, but no one noticed. A viewer called in to complain, and Nickelodeon reviewed the episode, and indeed they do hang out. So, they're not showing that episode anymore.
------------------
Kyle³
------------------
Yahoo Messenger - digitalkyle

Joel C

Screenwriter
Oh, yeah. I want to see that episode where Chrissy says something, and there is a big misunderstanding when Jack hears it second hand, and the problem could be solved by them simply talking to each other, but wackiness ensues. Which episode was that again?
Oh, plus the episode where it turns out Chrissy really WASN'T pregnant. Hilarious!
------------------
Joel
[email protected]
"I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech."
digitallyOBSESSED

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
Yes, I was also a fan of the show, and as well, I also picked up a few of those recent Nick At Nite Tuesday Night Unrealithons--especially of the later years, which led to my favorite actual period of the series.
It was from 1979-on, when Joyce DeWitt went from being a fuller-bodied, curly-haired girl-next door type to a svelte, short-haired type, resulting in a, to me, far-more sassier, more confident Janet Wood, a result of Joyce adopting more of a take-charge attitude about herself and her life. Personally, even as a teeenager at that time, I sensed that and also admired her courage in stepping out for herself as she did. Even in putting up with Mr. Furley's foolishness during those latter years, it was all very much and well worth it. :)
And with all due respect to Suzanne Sommers and Jenilee Harrison, I dug the rapport Joyce and John Ritter had with Priscilla Barnes those final seasons. While the comedy was, to me, as crazy as ever, I also sensed an underlying maturity to it all with those three on board which I honestly liked. My enjoyment of the show, as a result, ensued.
I would support a Three's Company DVD collection happily!!!!! Especially those later episodes with a more confident, svelte Joyce and Priscilla together with John!!!! :)
------------------
The Acid Queen Still Rocks and Souls!!!! ;D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I would love to have a Three's Company DVD set.
The fact that I recently found out I'm related to John Ritter from a couple of generations back has no bearing on this fact:
I loved that show!!! :) I'd buy it in a heartbeat!
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
[Edited last by Steve Tannehill on September 30, 2001 at 03:45 AM]

James Q Jenkins

Stunt Coordinator
Hey remember the episode where there was some kind of misunderstanding?
I have to say when I saw "The Talented Mr. Ripley" I thought it kind of played out like a "Three's Company" episode gone horribly wrong. Especially the Opera scene.
John Ritter's physical comedy in this series is nothing short of brilliant.
LONG LIVE LARRY!
------------------
-JQJ

Luis Gabriel Gerena

Second Unit
John Ritter is amazing indeed. One thing that I always find funny is that I like Janet more than I like any of the other girls and yet the other were always portrait as been the most beautiful while Janet was the "intelligent one". I don't know why but I found Janet to be very beautiful...crush alert
wink.gif

About the Jacks....errr..uncensored scene all I have to say is thank GOD I missed it!
Who has the right for the show and how likely is it to happen?

James Q Jenkins

Stunt Coordinator
It's the "Mary-Anne" syndrome. :) Janet is closer to that cute "girl next door" look than any of the others (though they all were goregeous, particularly Jenlee Harrison IMHO).
------------------
-JQJ

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Hey remember the episode where there was some kind of misunderstanding?
Was that the one where an innocent remark was heard out of context and misinterpreted by the eavesdropper? That was my favorite episode, too! :)
Regards,
------------------
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Wasn't there an episode where Mrs. Roper wanted to have sex and Mr. Roper didn't want to? :laugh:
They don't make them this good anymore.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I would LOVE to get the entire series.
How about the episode where Mr. Roper catches Mrs. Roper in bed with Mr. Furley(honest episode)
I want to see the epiosde again, where Jack pretends to be his twin Texan cousin is it? and all Jack has to do is put a cowboyhat on in front of Mr. Furley:)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
* After the Ropers left, Don Knotts makes his first appearance as Mr. Roper, the outlandish landlord.
* Don Knotts is now featured in the opening credits. Audra Lindley and Norman Fell are no longer featured in the opening credits

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Dave,
I absolutely remember that episode.
If memory serves, Fell and Lindley made a few guest appearances on Three's Company while their spin-off The Ropers was still on the air and this is probably one of those episodes.
I'll see if some research can back this up. ;)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Believe me, there was such an episode. I've watched the show in its entirety about six times over now thanks to Nick-at-Nite. Can't. Stop. Watching.

Anyway, Mrs. Roper has a fight with Mr. Roper, so she shows up at the kids' apartment. Mr. Furley is out of town, and Janet is watching his fish or turtles or something, so she has access to his apartment. Not wanting to have Mrs. Roper in the way, the kids convince her to sleep in her old apartment. Mr. Roper comes home unexpectedly, gets into bed without realizing Mrs. Roper is there, and hilarity ensues.

Actually, that and the "Texas brother" episode were kind of funny and all, but they were in the period when the show was starting to go downhill. It had a bad spell, but got decent again towards the end. It's all watchable, but there are some that aren't so good.

Nigel W

Grip
When I saw the original date of this thread, I was extremely excited and scrolled down to the bottom to look for a release date! :frowning: None found....
Count me in for the entire set - it's the only TV show my family agrees that we should own (nevermind that I have picked up quite a few anyway :D)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks