How about subfolder for each tv brand (model)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert Mayrand, Jun 12, 2002.

1. Robert Mayrand

Robert Mayrand Stunt Coordinator

If it is possible, Wouldn't it be nice if there were like subfolder for each tv brand with some tips on setting, and other usefull stuff concerning a particular brand; red push result, color temperature, what's your calibration, service menu functions.....etc.

This could be in the form of one posting for each brand wich we keep on top of the regular posting or something like that.........and the regular posting would still be good for question on all brand, anybody with me on this?

Rob
    Mtl

2. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

This should probably go in the Feedback section, but I'd like to see something like this too. Right now I'm still trying to find out stuff about the TV I've had for about 6 years, and I'm thinking about getting a new 16x9 soon and want to know which ones will do the things I want.

3. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

I don't think you need a forum for each TV. But a tutorial post (for specific brands/models) wouldn't be a bad idea. Something like the Home Theater Primer that Vince made would be good.

4. Robert Mayrand

That's what I had in mind Matt, the right words were just not coming to my mind........always tough for a french guy to think in english!!!

Rob
    Mtl.

5. Mark Larson

Mark Larson Supporting Actor

Breaking down the forum couldn't possibly result in much good, could it? I don't think so.
    So, no more breaking-downs. [​IMG]

6. Robert Mayrand

I wasn't thinking about breaking down the forum, but just a posting wich stay on top with the more popular brand and section where we can put some pertinent info about the different model: adjustment, calibration, test result.....things like that. It could even be a place where we can't ask question, but only give some info on the set we are using.

Rob

7. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    I am moving this to the feed back area where it is more visible to all the moderators.

8. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    check out this spot