How about JVC receivers?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steven_B, Sep 21, 2001.

1. Steven_B

Steven_B Agent

I have been looking at all the recommended brands(denon,onkyo,yamaha,marantz,etc) and was starting to narrow it down when I received my crutchfield magazine. A few of the jvc's looked interesting. On paper looks good but, how about the sound and quality? Please help.

2. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    i've had some problems with JVC in the past, especially build quality wise. i'd recommend going with ANY of the other brands you chose. all are superior to JVC, especially in the receiver department IMHO. Denon, Onkyo, and Marantz all make fine receivers (from having heard them) and the Yamaha is not too shabby as i hear. i personally have an Onkyo TX-DS595 and love it. my advice: steer clear of JVC.
    ------------------
    -Thomas
    Click here to visit my webpage.

3. BryanZ

BryanZ Screenwriter

Just to give you an idea, the Yamaha RX-V496 I have is a much better receiver than the JVC RX-8000V that I've got. The Onkyo TX-DS595 is better than the RX-V496. The Denon AVR-1802 is better than the Onkyo because it includes LCR preouts. The Onkyo, IMO, has a better remote and faceplate. Now I have the Outlaw 1050. Only wish it had DPL II but it is a fantastic receiver at an extremely competitive price.