What's new

How about comedy on M/C SACD or DVD-A? (1 Viewer)

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Maybe comedy records are relics in 2-day's hip, little purple pill, auh go-go video age? But, wouldn't stuff like Firesign Theatre and Cheech and Chong come off well in M/C? I think so. Firesign Theatre's EVERYTHING YOU KNOW IS WRONG was a quad album, BTW. It's my personal fav 2. I heard it in quad once about 20 years ago at a friend's abode. "...son as my father used to say, it's in the water, that's why it's yellow"..."Bear Wiz Beer, bottled in Animal, Missouri..."

(door knock) "hey it's me man, Dave, open up I got the stuff. I think the cops followed me". "Dave's not here"! Wouldn't Cheech and Chong sound nice with this exchange going back and forth across the soundfield?

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
You are aware of the Firesign Theater's 5.1 DVD-Audio "Boom Dot Bust" release, right? It was one of the first DVD-As released.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Si senor! It's good but all that old stuff is lying about. The alien friendship welcoming committe, dead cat soap, police street, Planet X, the sun at the center of the earth, aliens who choaked to death on a piece of cheese, "I don't know how you came by this record but you are now embarked on a journey that must certainly lead you to change your life forever! If you were never a special person, you are a special person now..."...!

Cheech and Chong is virgin territory and they have music too...:)

Jon_Stevens

Agent
I've often thought that audio drama would be great on dvd-audio or multichannel sacd. I'm a big radio drama fan and I'd love to hear new productions done in multichannel sound.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
I would love to purchase some classic Firesign Theater, most notably "Waiting for the Electrician or Someone Like Him". These albums could be very fun if done properly.

You are aware of the Firesign Theater's 5.1 DVD-Audio "Boom Dot Bust" release, right? It was one of the first DVD-As released.
Thanks for the reminder about this title Philip. I have been meaning to pick it up, but never see it in the store.

J

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Rich, you could watch STAR TREK 4 :D
No... I need hi-res whale songs!

Seriously, with the ability of multichannel to image all through the "surroundstage", wouldn't it be cool to hear some whale songs way off in the distance as another whale cruises right over your rear shoulder, etcetera?

I think that'd be cool. :b

Brian Burgoyne

Second Unit
Rachel, why do you need subtitles? Don't you hear what the whale voices are saying? They talk to me all the time, and in multichannel. Yes, the whale voices are everywhere.....
htf_images_smilies_chatter.gif

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Brian, I don't poly vous Franch so well. That is what them wales spake, oui?;)

..back to Firesign Theatre, anybody heard HOW TIME FLIES, the one that Wolfman Jack guested on? That one would be an extra good candidate for 5.1 audio, me thinks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thebox
Recent bookmarks