What's new

How about Bonanza? (1 Viewer)

danielmartin

Agent
Real Name
Daniel
I'm wondering if the ownership issues and prohibitive questions on rights has kept one of the longest running westerns out of official release -- Bonanza.
Those loveable Cartwrights seem to be a perfect case for a major release, although I can understand a little of the argument regarding PD versions. But if there was a functional tourist attraction in Nevada up until just a few years ago, wouldn't that indicate there is still a large fan following of this excellent family western? Plus, there remain a couple of the principles -- Roberts and Canary -- still with us who could contribute some form of extras, if willing.
So, is Bonanza on anyone else's radar?
Who owns the series from start to finish?

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Might as well as Santa to bring it to you because this series will probably never be released to DVD.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
This show is being released in season sets over in Germany. You can go to their Amazon site and purchase the dvds (up through Season 6 or 7 I believe) if you have a region free player.

Gary "I've thought about doing that since I do own a region free player, but the cost is a bit too high when you convert from Euro's to U.S. dollars for my tastes" O.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I have considered buying those, but the cost is way too high. Something like $70 a season.

Kenneth V

Stunt Coordinator
I have all 7 seasons. They look and play great on Region Free Players! I hope the series continues to be released, it's been awhile since the last season was out. :frowning:

Kenneth V

Stunt Coordinator
I bought them on sale....around $50 per season. Seasons 1 and 5 are on 8 DVDs, while 2-4, 6-7 are on 4 double sided dvds. I don't speak German, but if you shop on Amazon you can figure out the pages to order the sets!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newyork333
Recent bookmarks