What's new

Houston turn the knobs and blow up the speakers event!!! (1 Viewer)

Jason Watson

Stunt Coordinator
=================================================
Houston Home Theater Interest Group Meet Saturday February 2, 2002
By popular demand, another opportunity for home theater hobbyists in the
Houston area to get together and take an in-person, close-up look at another
member’s home theater set up, compare notes about their own equipment
upgrades and talk about the latest DVDs. We will be meeting at Jason
Watson’s house in Katy at 10 AM on Saturday, March 2, 2002 to look at and
listen to Jason’s newly upgraded system, with a complete surround sound
complement of Magnepan speakers. Feel free to bring some demo DVDs and/or
CDs. After that, we’ll repair to Sweet Mesquite for lunch (at noon or
thereabouts) and more HT discussion …
… you are welcome to indicate interest by responding here, but to get on the
mailing list for directions, please e-mail Jason Watson at
[email protected] or Burke Strickland at [email protected] with
your RSVP.
========================================

Thomas_A

Second Unit
Jason..dont feel bad... I'm here in San Antonio...and seem to have the same issue when I posted about a meet.. no body responded.. amazing...with as large of cities that we live.. that Austin seems to be the "center" point of Audio in this state... anyway.. good luck

thomas_A

Greg Risley

Second Unit
Hey guys. With the boards getting swapped around here lately you might want to post a quick note over in a general area. Also AVS forum has a local meet area. Follow thru, it really is alot of fun meeting fellow junkies.

Greg

John Chow

Second Unit
I'll respond, so you don't feel bad :p) I've talked to Burke already, so he knows I'm coming. I also believe one of my coworkers (Ashley) is coming, and he should have already emailed you.

I think the main thing is that few people check this section of the forums, since it is generally so low traffic. I went to an earlier Houston HTF meet, but would not have even known about it until Walter was kind enough to email me.

For San Antonio, I know of at least two people living there that may be interested, but they too probably don't check this part of the forum. I think you can get a search for a member list by city, and if you messaged people directly, would probably get a much better response.

Jason Watson

Stunt Coordinator
John,
Though there was on interest here,Burke's rough count puts us at about twelve that have said they would come. However,thanks for the response. I was looking pretty pitiful as the only one responding to my own announcement:)

Robert G

Stunt Coordinator
Is the invitation still open? I may be able to make it if so. I am on call this weekend but if I do not work I would love to come. This will cause a problem with RSVPing so if you had rather not have straglers:) I would understand.

Todd Ener

Grip
Real Name
Todd Ener
I, too, would like to come if it is still ok. I have only been to one meet thus far and would like to get to know some more home theater buffs. Thank you.

Jason Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Todd, Robert,

Please use the e-mail link in the first post(rather than the e-mail icon in the header bar)and drop me a line. I will set you up with directions.

We would be glad to have you if Katy is not too far for you!

Jason

Robert G

Stunt Coordinator
Being that it is on a Saturday, Katy is not so bad for me. Now, a week day forget the Katy freeway. I would look like this -->:angry: by the time I made it to your house.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks