1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Houston area Dish 5000 owners

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Richard Slay, Oct 28, 2001.

1. Richard Slay

Richard Slay Extra

To all members to whom it applies:
    I picked up a Dish 5000 HDTV modulator at Way Out Wednesday at SW Fwy and Beltway 8 with absolutely no idea whether it works or not. It has no ribbon cable or power supply. Could anyone out there with a 5000 help me out by plugging this unit in the back so we can see if it will work? I guess I'm not interested in recording HDTV now that the necessary components have gotten so expensive, but I'm sure someone will want the modulator if it works.
    Please reply,
    R. Slay

2. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    I'd be interested in the modulator...are there more at this place?
    - Steve

3. Richard Slay

Richard Slay Extra

No, this was the only one. They didn't actually know what it was. Now that the merger's been announced, I would also like to ask people what they think will happen to demand for the 5000 modulator. Here's the possibilities I see:
    a. everyone gets scared because a new box replacement program obviously won't compensate someone who spent $2000 putting together an HDTV recording system using this equipment.
    b. everyone who is trying to put together such a system realizes this will be his very last chance to record HDTV movies free of commercial breaks, because the new boxes will have encryption.
    What do you think?

4. John Morris

John Morris Guest

Hmmmm, how did I miss that piece? [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Take Care,
    merc
    ----------------
    [​IMG]
    God Bless America!!!