What's new

Houseguest? (1 Viewer)

StevenW

Second Unit
Does anyone know if this movie will be in OAR? It is being released Oct 8th from Disney I believe. I did a search and couldnt find any info. Thanks

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Yes, it will be 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen! Love this movie, and I'm glad it will be OAR, even if it will most likely be completely barebones.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
We wish you a chili burger and a mug of cold beer.

Glad to hear this won't be another P&S only release.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
i want to know where my beloved heavyweights dvd is.
I'm betting it will come in a no-frills, barebones release sometime next year.

Disney seems to be doing their bargain catalogue line alphabetically even. Look, September's releases were mostly titles that began with A through E (Celtic Pride, Captain Ron, Ernest movies, Cabin Boy, D2 + D3), October's are primarily H through J (Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Jungle 2 Jungle, Houseguest).

Not sure what that means for Heavyweights...maybe it was skipped over. But I'm betting that early next year we'll see Heavyweights, Man of the House, Tom and Huck, Camp Nowhere...it's only a matter of time. Unfortunately, these might very well end up Panned & Scanned, but that's anyone's guess.

Sam E. Torres

Second Unit
Hello Disney,

My name is Sam Torres and you may or may not have been made aware of my persistance at releasing the 1995 film, Heavyweights on DVD. I just called today and received the welcoming news of the tentative release date of March 2003 that has been set for the film. This pleases me, of course, but I asked the polite young woman if the computer said anything about the film being presented in its original theatrical aspect ratio, and she told me it is undecided right now.

I believe that this film should have a nice homecoming to the DVD format, and should, at the very least, offer the original format in which us fans saw it in theaters. The film was shot in a widescreen ration for a reason; that is the way the director wanted it. I am a firm believer that the second you hire a director, in return for their services to the film, the film should always be offered in its original vision in which it was viewed in the viewfinder by the director himself. If people complain about the black bars on the top, it is because they are not reminded that they didn't see a square in the theater, they saw a rectangle, so something is being cut off.

I am a little confused on some aspects of your releases, however. I notice that with some your family films, you present the DVD in widescreen, but with others, they are in full screen, like some Muppets films, for example. As a film, and not a made for television movie, it should be offered in the way it was viewed in theaters. Please, take my comments into consideration.

Thank you,
Sam Torres

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Nice e-mail, Sam. I hope that your e-mails have an effect on the release. I can delude myself into thinking my e-mails on "Jungle 2 Jungle" got a last-minute switch to Widescreen, despite the packaging and press materials, but that's probably not the case.

By the way, where did you hear March as the release month?

(Might be time for me to shoot off another e-mail about this and other titles that could be P&S-ed for release.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks