house speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by balwinder, Apr 4, 2003.

1. balwinder

balwinder Extra

Hi,

We are buying a new house and I am having speakers installed in each room. Now my question is: Is there a device which will have one input and multiple outputs? I want to control each individual speaker volume or on/off. All the speaker wires will come to my Stero system area and I can play my stero audio through out the house.

Thanks!

- Balwinder

2. Chris Quinn

Chris Quinn Screenwriter

There are a number of systems like this. You need to decide which one before the sheet rock goes up, hopefully. These need their own wiring for controllers in each room. I had a 6 zone Kustom amp that had 4 selections available in my past house. I only used three of the availible "channels"; radio, tv, cd player and the controllers had infrared relays so I could control things at the stereo rack with a remote from another room. Get in touch with a specialty home electronics company NOW.

I would not do whole house sound again. Unless, you have a huge and expensive house were it would be an expected amenity. We did it thinking we be in the custom built house for the rest of our lives and 6 months later we had an opportunity we couldn't pass up and moved. I left $4K in in-ceiling speakers and a $1K zone amp plus the money spent on wiring, controllers(all considered as fixtures), and labor. It bugs me to this day what kind of system I have if that money had gone into one system or even one with a secondary system elsewhere in the house. My mistake may have been doing the speakers and amp outside of the initial building(only prewired) and therefore not wrapped into the mortgage but out of pocket in full at purchase.