What's new

House season 5 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This episode had a lot going for it:

Flammable bowels.

Wilson making a play to motivate House to make a play for Cuddy.

House's dream was explosive.

Chase finally gets a drawer (yawn). Though I was pleased with the extended camera time for Cam/Chase.

Too bad House chickened out, while agoraphobe didn't.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Okay, I'm not usually one to comment on this sort of thing, but wow, Cameron looked better than ever in that first scene where she was helping with the first differential.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It was nice seeing the old team front-and-center again for an episode. They're interactions with House are much more interesting, because they're on more equal footing.

Michael Henry

Second Unit
Real Name
J. Michael Henry
Can someone explain the issues with Taub...?

I must have missed an episode because I remember House sparking up interest about him having an affair(?) or breaking up with his wife(?)...

Then the weird episode about her having her own bank account - them buying him a car with it - then he gets upset when he sees it?

What am I missing?

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Well, I am usually one to comment on this sort of thing and I'm ashamed that you beat me to it! :D She just looked amazing for the whole episode.

Regards,

Joe

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Yeah...she looked great.

And, hello? Despite a yawner sub-plot about Chase getting his drawer I still found the old team members SO much more interesting and entertaining for the whole episode.

Wilson cracks me up - he tries to play the game, and he's a smart guy. But, Cuddy and House are just smarter.

I have never seen House be a coward or show much weakness. Crawling away from Cuddy's window is the first time. He must really care.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Also, I was under the impression that Wilson really was serious when he made a play for Cuddy. When she laughed at him, he pretended it was to make House jealous, but it seemed he was serious to me.

Paul D G

Screenwriter

That whole thing wasn't explained very well. House was giving Taub The Business about him hiding something but wasn't able to figure out what it was. At the end of one ep, I think when she told him about the car, Taub said to his wife "we have to talk" then the episode ended. It was clear he was going to confess something, but we were never actually told what it was. So how House found out he was having an affair is probably something that was cut out of an ep for whatever reason (running time, etc).

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
The affair was the reason Taub is not a plastic surgeon anymore. House new this from when they all had numbers and were competing for jobs. If I remember right, he was involved with a nurse or someting at his old practice and was asked to leave. That is why he went to work for House.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Actually, it was made pretty clear in the series.

Partners forced him out when he had an affair (with a nurse I believe).

House's PI found out about the seperate bank account his wife had.
He started to think negative thoughts about it until she surprised him with a Porsche he had been wanting.

Succumbing to guilt, he told her about the affair(s).
House called him on that 2-3 episodes ago and he admitted he told his wife about it.

Last EP or 2, House has busted his chops about it.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
So, what was up with that nose bending thing. I'm not familiar with the ritual (i assume it's some sort of last one it It) or it's origins so if anyone could enlighten me... Googling "nose bending" isn't very helpful.

BTW - I don't get the "Marco!" "Polo!" jokes I see so often either.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member

It was House reverting back to childhood when a group of people can't decide which one of them does the unwantable task and the last person to touch their nose has to do it.

touches nose.....
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Paul D G

Screenwriter
From the wiki entry on the Nose Game: "The last person to do this is the chosen person to perform the task. Usually this person needs the game explained to them, having previously been unaware of it." :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks