What's new

House season 4 thread (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Adam -

Totally agree with your take. I loved tonight's episode. Great kicker, and Kumar was great in his "no, it's a 9" I thought that was a great touch.

I love the older non-doctor getting a shot to be an assistant. That's a great story potentially. The whole story of how House is afraid to hire someone who will be his friend because they could leave... this is a character that could never leave, and House made it clear his role as an "assistant" could be a long term one.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I thought that the ER doctor from last episode was the one who House sent away almost immediately because she was wrong.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Good episode last night, I have to admit I did enjoy the premise of not focusing on just 3 doctors and there lives, took away from the show I thought, it was a fun episode and funny.

Marianne

Supporting Actor
Now that Chase and Cameron are in different roles within the hospital it seems that the ER and OR will feature more in the series. House's patients are usually referred from the ER, so Cameron will be involved, and usually require some surgery, so Chase will be involved. Not sure how Foreman will fit in, but he is still listed in the opening credits.

I think Kumar will end up being on the new team - he seems to have a similar approach to getting a diagnosis as House. Of course, House will realize that they need an anti-House-type (like Cameron) to offset this.

Michael Henry

Second Unit
Real Name
J. Michael Henry
OK I didn't understand what happened at the end...

He said he called NASA but he really didn't? Why? Huh?

Someone please run thru this - I just didn't get it.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
He said just the threat of it would put her on constant notice and she'd be paying much more attention and work harder then others.. not sure I bought into that.. the part that did get me is that if they wanted to hide this as plastic surgery, they pretty much had to go through with it at some point otherwise it would raise suspicions...

Marianne

Supporting Actor
He said that he had called NASA in front of others so that they wouldn't do it. He didn't know them well enough to trust them.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Everything I have to say is a spoiler:

As I understand it, one or more of the old team may be coming back to work with House, while only one or two of the new characters will actually join the new team. They were considering various approaches to hiring the newbies, including having different teams each week as a way to audition the actors and play out the thread of the return of the old actor(s), then decided to do the whole mass hiring and weeding out as part of the process both behind-the-scenes and within the story. Which is probably some kind of TV first. ;) I have a feeling that the old guy's new role as House's assistant was a last minute decision based on their really liking the actor, but deciding not to include a doctor that old. But that's just a guess.

Loved the tribal council with the bunsen burners. And I, for one, am glad that Cameron is back. I could watch an hour of her in close-up just looking back at the camera every week. :D)

Later,

Joe

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Wait, I thought Peter Jacobson's character was eliminated last week? I actually kinda liked him from a smart ass point of view.

Jason

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Good episode. One of the few consistent shows left any more. I wonder what House saw in that minute he was dead? I also liked the scenes with Cameron, Chase and the blonde doctor I hate. They instantly cut through the bullshit. The new recruits show just how far House's old team have come over the course of the series.
I also loved Foreman's storyline. It raised the possibility that being House might not be the worst possible thing. The juxtaposition between the scene where the overcautious chief of medicine fires Foreman for saving a life and the scene where Cuddie is steamrolled by House was perfect. It made me like Cuddie ever more than I already do, and it makes me hope that Foreman pulls off some miracle of medicine that makes his dismissal a black mark on the Mercy chief's record. (And yes, I'm well aware that all real chiefs of medicine would have made the call she made.)

Chris

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, but what it really pointed out to Foreman was this.. he had always accused House of being uncaring, callous to his patients and that he didn't care about them. What he learned there was that House cared more then most of the medical community. The Chief in NY preferred to let the patient potentially die because it was the "safe call" and they would be full proof against a lawsuit and if it backfired they'd be protected. House, on the other hand, believed that screw the lawsuit, if you know what you have to do to save the life, that's what you do. I think Foreman got a big "wow" when he realized that all the accusations against House weren't necessarily the case, and maybe becoming House isn't becoming an uncaring lunatic, but being willing to follow the "safest path with least lawsuit concerns" at the other end is something he can't live with either.. because then he would know he had the answer, and denied it to the patient out of fear.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
House cares about solving the mystery, not saving the patient. That said, in practical terms, everything you said still applies. Indeed, if Foreman acts like House to save lives instead of solve mysteries, that makes him a better House even if the steps they take are the same.

I had to laugh at his attempts to coddle his team after years of mistreatment under House. It couldn't have felt less natural.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
House will never admit that he cares about his patients, but if that were the case, he probably wouldn't get as thoroughly pissed off as he does when one of them doesn't value his life enough to fight for it.

Chris

Senior HTF Member

See, I think that's the point Foreman is just getting. House's motivation is meaningless.. the results pay off and he fights for the result. Foreman thought he could get the same place by going to the other side.. caring directly for the patient, etc. etc. Instead, he basically learned that he & House are on the same side, the opposition is the desire to do nothing to prevent risk to themselves.. so it's risk taking (for whatever motivation) vs. sitting on your hands.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I imagine Foreman is coming back to Princeton-Plainsboro, but I doubt he'll be on House's team. I'm trying to remember what his specialty was, in case it might be something that could fit into the process elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks