What's new

House on Haunted Hill? (1 Viewer)

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
A brief peek at that Chiller Theater severed hand appears in Idle Hands, another fun movie from '99 that few others seem to appreciate. Rodman Flender points it out in the commentary.

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
After watching the original version this past Halloween weekend on cable I decided to go ahead and order the dvd. After a search and finding this thread I decided to get the Warner version. But before ordering it I found that VCI is releasing a VINCENT PRICE DOUBLE FEATURE HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL & LAST MAN ON EARTH (1958, 1964) dvd on Nov 16th 2004. The formats say ASPECT RATIO 1.66:1 & 1.85:1. Anybody heard if this is anamorphic or not. VCI did a great job with the City of the Dead transfer I figure this new house on haunted hill double feature might be the one to get. Any info appreciated. :)

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
LAST MAN ON EARTH was shot in scope and the correct ratio is 2:35 to 1.

There are lots of DVDs of this title out there, some cropped to 1:33 to 1, some to 1:85 to 1, and a couple that ported over the LD transfer and are at the 2:35 OAR.

I've got the one in a set called GREAT BLOODSUCKING VAMPIRE movies, and it is 2:35 to 1.

Warner's DVD of HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL is the one to get. You get both the matted and unmatted versions in the package, but no flying "Emergo" skeleton is included.

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
Speaking of Last Man on Earth, who owns it and when is there likely to be an "official", halfway decent release of it? I have an old Diamond double feature disc of it with HoHH, but it is the cropped 1.33:1 version. Would love to have it 2.35:1.

Also, count me in as one of the few who enjoyed the House on Haunted Hill remake (but yes, that ending was horrid).

dave wright

Agent
Real Name
Dave Wright
I saw ZACHERLE this past weekend at the chiller festival in new jersey.Zach was looking and feeling fine(i think he may have turned 80 last year)I had zach aotograph a dvd that he just put out with the help of his brother,a disc filled with some very early tv clips,great stuff.I beleive you can pick it up at his website.The highlight of the weekend for me was meeting george THE ANIMAL steele and having him sign my ED WOOD dvd,super nice guy btw.He had his trademark green tounge for the weekend too,nice touch.

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
Warner's DVD of HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL is the one to get. You get both the matted and unmatted versions in the package, but no flying "Emergo" skeleton is included.
Crap! And I so wanted a skeleton flying over my head sooooo baaaaaad! :D
Welp, thanks for the info everyone. The Warner release it shall be. I may go ahead and pickup Great Bloodsucking Vampire Movies for the Last Man on Earth scope release aswell. :) To bad Dracula: Prince of Darkness isn't on it instead of Satanic Rites of Dracula because I don't have it. I already have Horror of Dracula, Dracula has Risen from the Grave and Taste the Blood of Dracula in the Hammer Horror Collection. I'm not too interested in Scars of Dracula or Satanic Rites of Dracula. And The Devil Bat? I think I'd rather watch Plan 9 from Outerspace. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks