3D House of Wax $7.99 at Best Buy

Colin Jacobson

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Sells for up to $87 on eBay.
Wow - when did it go OOP and shoot up like that???

I had a review copy when it first came out that I gave away, but I repurchased maybe a year ago on the super-cheap - like $8 - because I now had a 3D TV.

I had no idea it'd gone OOP in the fairly brief interim!

David Norman

Lead Actor
Premium
The few rereleases WHV to WAC that I've seen tested so far have all been the disc/disc files.

Not every one of them has been reported, but so far it's just been a different cover and repressed disc for those that have

Garysb

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
I noticed the Warner Archive listing lists Mystery of the Wax Museum as a bonus feature. Presumably this is not the restored version also released separately at the archive.

SPECIAL FEATURE: 1933 Warner Bros. Feature Mystery of the Wax Museum

RolandL

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I noticed the Warner Archive listing lists Mystery of the Wax Museum as a bonus feature. Presumably this is not the restored version also released separately at the archive.

SPECIAL FEATURE: 1933 Warner Bros. Feature Mystery of the Wax Museum
Yes the unrestored version of Mystery was on the previous release of HOW.

Reactions: Garysb

Colin Jacobson

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
And the differences between the SD bonus on House of Wax and the Blu-ray Archive disc of Mystery of the Wax Museum are night and day.
Given its status as a bonus feature, I think the "HoW" version looks decent, but yeah - the solo version is obviously an upgrade!

Doug Pyle

Second Unit
Real Name
Doug
Reactions: phillyrobt

RolandL

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I see that this release is sold out at Amazon and Best Buy. I guess 3-D is not dead! Come on Warner, release more of your 1950's 3-D titles. Have the 3-D Film Archive do the 3-D restoration and save a lot of money!

Reactions: phillyrobt

BobO'Link

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Amazon still lists it simply showing that it's "Temporarily out of stock..." and allows you to place an order.

It's also at the Warner shop:

And they, too, allow you to place an order.

I know that when the title was originally released, it was noted that if using active 3D glasses, there was a ton of ghosting and effects being "off" ... having an active system, I can confirm that. (And with deep sadness, as it is one of my favorites and I was greatly looking forward to it in home 3D). This is just that original issue dropped in price? Or has anything been done to fix that original viewing problem?

Forum Sponsors