What's new

'House of the Dead' MAR...no surprise it's Artisan (1 Viewer)

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
Now don't take this the wrong way, I despised 'House of the Dead' and merely rented it. I DID NOT PURCHASE IT...just had to clear that up before I was shunnded from the board :D.

Anyway, I remember when this was playing at my theater that the film was presented in scope. On DVD it's flat 1.85:1. A movie like this doesn't even deserve a DVD really, nor a thread on this board, but I thought I'd bring it up since it's just one more mistake from Artisan (AKA the worst studio ever).

There's a new trailer for 'Punisher' on the disc though...doesn't look too good...

Romier S

Senior HTF Member

Why not? Every movie out there deserves proper treatment if you ask me. I think if we're going to be upfront about what we want as a consumer (OAR, extras, original sound mix etc..) and more to the point Home Theater aficianados, then we need to be uniform across the board. Even if it is House of the Dead.;)

Topher

Stunt Coordinator

:emoji_thumbsup: That is quite possibly the most intelligent thing I have ever read on these forums. It doesn't matter what movie it is, there is an audience out there for it and should be treated the same as anything else. Plus, the whole "it's no Citizen Kane" crap annoys me as well... films aren't supposed to be other films... even ones that rip-off other ones, but I am sure someone will HAVE to jump in and say House of the Dead shouldn't be called a "film". Sorry for the rant... just annoys me.

Back to you original post, nice observation, I wonder how many times this happens? A movie is presented one way in the theater and for the DVD release a slightly different presentation is offered. I have noticed it on a couple movies myself.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Almost bought it today blind. But after
stupidly doing that with Cabin Fever and May, two of the worst films of last year, I restrained myself this time.

Is this film/DVD any good?

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
It's garbage. When a film tries to play up its connection to a videogame by inserting screenshots from the game, you know you're in trouble.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Awful, awful film. Can't believe I spent money to see it in the theater...
BTW: I loved both Cabin Fever and May!

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
May ruled!!!

Very adroit and disturbing little film, with good perfs. IMHO. But what do I know...?

:)

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Tino,

If you happen to spot this movie, run away as fast as possible...

Do not fall into temptation... Watch the Public Access Station instead...

Topher

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know guys, when a movie is touted to be THIS bad... I just HAVE to watch it! :D I have no choice!

DanielM

Stunt Coordinator
I thought it was great in a bad cheesy way BUT Im a sucker for zombies...horrible dialogue and bad acting and all the things that make up a grade z horror movie..I also liked the video game inserts too funny

WarrenL

Stunt Coordinator
I'll rent it, after "Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter" I can make it through anything...except maybe Gigli.

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
Topher,

I know what you mean. All of this talk about how abysmal House of the Dead is just whets my appetite.

Hm...House of the Dead or Gigli?

Jan

Romier S

Senior HTF Member

Tino you and I are going to have issues.:D Still can't believe you didn't like May man. Cabin Fever I can deal with being a bit negative about as its easily a polarizing type of movie but May is just good. Just come to this realization.:p)

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter

Umm.... The people who posted in this thread obviously... lol... ;)

Dont pretend!!! Just a bit of you curious too... If you were not the least bit curious, you wouldnt have even come into the thread and posted in it...

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Romier

No chance pal!:D

I really wanted to like MAY, considering it got raves from Ebert and our own Scott Weinberg.

I was bored to tears by it's meandering pace, dull derivative story, horrible acting, especially by Angela Bettis, and lack of any redeeming qualities. Do you really want me to go on?:angry:

But I will believe you guys that HOTD sucks. Maybe a retal someday since I love the games.

Glad to still see you around these parts Romier.;)

Oh and btw, :rolleyes

Lev-S

Second Unit
Just to pee off you guys, the Canadian version of HOTD is 1.85:1 16x9 Enhanced WIDESCREEN only. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks