What's new

House of the Dead 3: 2 simultaneous light guns? (1 Viewer)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Does House of the Dead 3 support using 2 lightguns at the same time? I'm thinking about picking this up as a Christmas gift, and if you can use 2 guns at the same time, I'll pick up 2.

Also, does it matter which type of video connector is being used? It will be for a non-HDTV, and I think they are using component connections.

Thanks,
Dave

PerryD

Supporting Actor
The game supports two guns. It doesn't matter what the connection used to the TV as the guns just plug into the controller port. It works great (as any gun game) on large rear projection TVs. I do not believe it will work on any HD set unless the set has a 'game' setting to disable the line doubling (I believe Panasonic sets had this feature).

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
yes.. you can use two lightguns at the same time. The light guns I have do not work with my Sony XBR800 as I am using the component pak. They do work with ordinary CRT using a RCA connector. I do not have a RPTV so their effectiveness is unknown to me.

I heard that there are guns now for HDTV, but have not actually seen any.

Romar Armas

Second Unit
The new guns from MadCatz support HDTV. They're the same packaging as before with the difference of "Compatible with HDTV" on it. I have 2 and they work great on my Toshiba TW40X81.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Cool. My nephews are going to have a blast with 2 guns.

Thanks!

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zoeeee
Recent bookmarks