What's new

House of Fury from Tai Seng (1 Viewer)

Phil Menard

Stunt Coordinator
I picked up this entertaining Stephen Fung film (produced by Jackie Chan) on Blu-ray this weekend. Due to this being a Tai Seng release, I was quite worried about the transfer. Tai Seng is very hit-or-miss quality wise on dvd, usually giving a flat looking, letterboxed picture. That's why I'm very happy to say that this presentation on Blu was exceptional! Great blacks. No "black crush". Very clear. A definite upgrade over the dvd. I did notice a slight shudder once or twice, but that may have been a player issue (BD-UP5000).

It has Cantonese PCM and DTS HD 7.1, Mandarin 5.1, English 5.1, and Vietnamese 2.0, with Chinese and English subs. The special features are 480i/p in Cantonese with English subs.

I'm very happy with this effort from Tai Seng and hope that they maintain this quality for other releases.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Did the Blu-ray have their sticker on it? I'm assuming this was originally released by MegaStar. As my signature states, I in no way support Tai Sengs redistribution policies. You could've purchased it from DDDHouse.com I'll never own anything from Tai Seng. They're a worthless company.
So is this redistributed from Tai Seng which was originally released from MegaStar?

Phil Menard

Stunt Coordinator
This is not "...redistributed from MegaStar".

This is an official Blu-Ray Disc for North America only, purchased from Best Buy in Trotwood, Ohio, USA. There is no mention of MegaStar on either the packaging or disc content. Tai Seng is featured prominately on both packaging and content (their hideous low def logo), and copywriten Tai Seng Entertainment 2008.

I see that it can also be ordered on Amazon.

The dvd that I had also had nothing to do with MegaStar. It was released by Joy Sales Films and Video Distribtors (with cool packaging, tiny "standees" of the main characters and a lenticular postcard).

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Actually, it's Region 0 and I still wouldn't buy anything from Tai Seng. I import my DVD's from DDDHouse.com and I have a personal disliking for the aforementioned company. Pisses me off the said company thinks they have distribution rights for something when I can sure as well import the actual product for a far cheaper price overseas. No sale from me to Tai Seng. They're not getting one cent from me.

Cassy_w

Second Unit
Tai Seng was notorious for threatening people who were legally selling asian films with legal action. Why? Because Tai Seng wanted to own everything and would bully people out of selling stuff. They even sent lawyers into Chinatown NYC. I despise Tai Seng.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
See, there's another reason not to support Tai Seng. Just import and don't support them.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Is there a non-Tai Seng edition of this BD that can be imported from somewhere reputable? DDDHouse doesn't list one and my usual place (HiViZone) appears to no longer sell discs at all. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks