What's new

House of Bamboo, Nightmare Alley, The Street with No Name and The Man Who Never Was DVDS (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Douglas,
This isn't the proper thread to have this discussion. It would be best to post your inquiry in this thread, where those that disagree with you, like me will reply to you.

Crawdaddy

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
I just watched House of Bamboo over the weekend. The WS cinematography was gorgeous, but I think Fuller was too enamored of it and we had very few closeups or even medium shots.

Regarding the 4.0 soundtrack (which was also quite nice), I haven't found any information about the original soundtrack. Was it originally some type of stereo track from which the 4.0 was derived? I find it hard to believe that Fox created a phony surround track when their other discs have the original mono tracks.

Thanks,
Doug

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I commented on this in the official review thread, but since this one is a bit more active, I'll repeat myself. The trailers for "House of Bamboo" include a couple of lines/shots that did not make it into the finished film.

One bit had Robert Stack's Eddie telling Shirley Yamaguchi's Mariko that they will kill him if she doesn't say she knows him. In the film proper, after slapping her, he just asks her if he was there earlier in the day or not without any exposition. I think there was also a brief shot of Robert Stack in a Japanese bathtub that was different than any of the shots that appeared in the film itself, too.

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks