House of a 1000 Corpses

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Donald W, Jul 23, 2002.

1. Donald W

Donald W Stunt Coordinator

ok so I guess that Rob Zombie is going it alone to put out House of a 1000 Corpses on DVD and video...so why the hell doesn't Anchor Bay step up to bat and get ahold of this film and do something with it...I bet that they could make some good money with this film even if it has to go to video and never see it's way to theaters...if there is one company that can make this film see the light of day the way it should be seen it's this company

2. Matthew Kiernan

Matthew Kiernan Stunt Coordinator

If HOUSE OF 1,000 CORPSES is really coming out on video in October, they would have announced it offically by now, as 3 months is the standard time period for studios to give to retailers and distributors for their upcoming product. And knowing how the video world works, word would have leaked out already if it was indeed that date. More to the point, how do we know for sure the film's been dropped since MGM never confirmed they had it?

I'm sure we'll get to see the film one of these days, be it in a theatre or on DVD. But wait untill there's some offical word before you lement its fate.

3. Donald W

Donald W Stunt Coordinator

MGM confirmed that they owned the film back in May, but that Zombie had to cut the film down to a R rating...I guess from what I've heard is that the film doesn't work on a R rated level *they ran a test screening back in June of the R cut* and MGM went ahead and got rid of it also just like Univeral did...From whats been heard around test screenings is that you go with the flow of the film or you don't...it seems that no one knows what to do with this film now or that they want to touch it...now I guess Zombie has the film back in his hands again and he's going to put it out on video and DVD by himself...which means that I bet he'll sell it from his webpage or at his shows or something...I just think that if Anchor Bay or even Cowboy Releasing got ahold of this that there the only people now that could save this film....