What's new

House of 1000 Corpses - Crappiest Packaging ever (1 Viewer)

Jeff Swearingen

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff
I have no interest in buying House of 1000 Corpses, but after I saw how they packed it today...well it'll be a cold day in hell before I ever think about buying ANY DVD with this type of packaging. Looks like a cardboard cover that will fall apart after one use.

I mean, Close Encounters wasn't real good packaging and I still gripe about my X-Files packages, but good grief! Whoever made this packaging decision should be forced to watch VHS P&S for the rest of their life

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I just bought it, and it isn't as bad as the Panic Room Superbit mini-case. Close, but not nearly as bad.

Jay Gunn

Stunt Coordinator
I saw it at Wal-Mart today, and every copy they had was in a clear amaray case! I only ordered the movie because I didn't think WM would carry it, but now I'm stuck with this crappy cardboard thing.

Trevor H

Second Unit
I would check those ones from Wal-Mart very closely, they are known to sell edited copies of CD's maybe they are starting with DVD's now too.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
What exactly is the packaging like? I am under the impression that it is like a digipack. Am I wrong?

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I saw four copies of this at West LA's Laser Blazer and each one had parts of the front and back cover stripped away because the security stickers are applied right to the cardboard packaging-- and it pulls away strips of the cover image. My friend who works there said there's no way not to damage the cover when removing the tape.

Russ Felton

Stunt Coordinator
I'm just curious did anyone who got the cardboard copy of "house of 1000 Corpses" get a booklet with theirs? Mine has a pocket for a booklet, but no booklet was inside.

Mark Palermo

Second Unit
Nope, no booklet, even though there's a pocket for one. This packaging blows. It seems like there should at least be a slipcase for it.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
It means that I think the packaging for Panic Room Superbit is worse than House of 1000 Corpses.

JasonKZ

Stunt Coordinator
Same as what happened my Kingpin case - also a Lion's Gate title. Wrote to a number of Lion's gate places with no response and the store where I bought it (DDD) refused to send me a replacement case because it was MY fault that I ripped the package.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Yah, same thing happened with my Kingpin case as well. So far, the only cardboard cases I like are the Fox ones. The WB (and now LG) ones are way to flimsy and prone to ripping.

JayF

Stunt Coordinator
The top of mine ripped on both sides as well when taking the security tag off. I was so pissed, and am really pissed that other stores have a standard amray case!

I did have a promo for Zombie's new CD coming in October slipped inside the pocket of my case, but clearly they were initially planning to put a booklet or something there as they did with the CD soundtrack.

These complaints aside, though, the image quality is fantastic!

MattHR

Screenwriter
Again any difference in the disc between the two cases choice?
I picked up the one with the clear Amaray case at Target. The only difference on the outside of the case is that the Amaray version omits the "A work of demonic brilliance" quote from the front cover. The catalog and UPC numbers are also different. However, the actual discs have the same catalog numbers printed on them (VM8429). There is no insert with the Amaray, but most of the tri-fold's artwork is reproduced on the backside of the cover sheet, so it shows through the clear plastic case. After a quick scan of both discs, they appear to be identical in content. I'm sure that WalMart and Target probably requested they remove the quote regarding "demonic brilliance" from the cover. Nevermind that elsewhere on the package are references to Satan, murder, cannibalism and satanic rituals. Or maybe they didn't want to deal with all the returns due to the cardboard cover being torn when the security seals are removed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks