What's new

House M. D. - Season 6 (1 Viewer)

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
I've pretty much been of the opinion this show jumped a while back when House went back to being an ass and Braugher left. I thought it had a chance to go a new direction and pretty much dropped the ball. Throw in the ridiculous notion of Cuddy dating the PI...bleh.

But, I did tune in this week and I liked the Wilson-centric show. He IS always a doormat and they really faced that down this episode. He got mad at House, and learned a desperately needed lesson the hard way (losing a lobe of his liver). I'd like to say he'll toughen up for the future...but, based on the House "change" it is unlikely.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by David Norman

Chase violated the first tenet of being a Modern Physician. Whether he violated a deeper Moral/Ethical standard is still up for debate. If he truly saved 1 million lives by his actions of allowing 1 to die (or preventing him from living) and he ends up not being able to be physician who saves hundreds of lives in his career .... Of course there are plenty of logical and philosophical holes in any argument like this,
Anything that readily comes to mind? I'd have no problem with Chase as my doctor. And if I were married to a woman doctor who did the same thing, we might have a bit of heated discussion about it, but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

As for the "Hippocritic Oath," I'm happy to debate that with the clever folks who give little thought to the complexity of the simple concept at hand. What's the purpose of the Oath? So medical professionals will promise not to hurt patients? Doubtful, and pointless. Rather, it's a guideline about how to approach difficult medical decisions. Medical advances are made all the time by people who essentially ignore tha oath on the small scale, such as individual patients who suffer from experimental procedures that certainly do them harm, but provide collective knowledge that eventually results in procedures that save lives.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Chemotherapy sort of violates the "First, Do no harm" oath, don't you think?

Back to the thread......

I have not like Chase ever since the way he reacted to, and treated an Obese patient a few years back. That one episode showed me how little he really cared about peeple. He is worse than House in some ways. At least House doesnt pretend to care.

So it didn't really surprise me that he doesn't have a moral problem killing someone (or allowing them to die).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
House/Wilson were the best subplot in this episode, the rest was just felt like filler. Good to see Sasha Alexander again.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
House had some REALLY funny zingers in last night's episode. Unfortunately, I've already forgotten them (a reflection on me, not the show).

mylan

Screenwriter
The funniest zinger I heard was when House asks Chase if he's ok with it or is he going to smother the guy with a pillow, to which Chase smiles. The gay lines were too numerous to mention but overall last night was one of the best episodes in recent memory.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I really enjoyed this cutty-centered ep. Really good look at a different way to view the hospital, I thought it was well done. I generally enjoy her in this role, and this was a good episode about all the juggling.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This was a ridiculous day in the life of Cuddy, but still enjoyed her POV w/r/t House's shenanigans. Did laugh at Lucas, the 2-minute wonder.

If Cuddy ever got her own show, it'd be a drinking game for every time someone called her a "bitch".

Jeff

Supporting Actor
Wow, what a snooze fest. If this was the first episode of House I ever saw, it would be the last. It's hard to believe this is the same show where House stuck a knife in a socket to see if there was an after life. If I didn't know any better, I'd say the folks at Fox have asked the producers to tone down the show.

I definitely won't be buying S6 when it comes out on DVD. There's only 3 or 4 heavy hitters in the season and the rest are duds...So far. Hopefully the producers can salvage this show and end it in Season 7. I don't want this to become another MASH situation where Seasons 1 to 4 will be considered the goods ones and a whole wide range of seasons, after that, will suck.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I thought it was okay. Not something I'd want to watch every week, but a nice way to mix things up once in a while for a show that does get formulaic. Besides that, it also shows why she has the position she has, on a show where 99% of the time she's portrayed as a little bit spineless towards House.

I sort of wonder if House or Lucas did something that we'll find out about later behind the scenes to help out with the insurance contract. All the guy for the other side says is "Call off your dogs."

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I really enjoyed this episode. I find it nice that after so many seasons of seeing everything from House's point of view, the show takes two episodes to show Wilson and Cuddy's side of things. In particular, I enjoyed seeing the stereotypical "House epiphany" from Cuddy's POV--just as the elevator was closing, you see House working his case out in an "aha! moment."

However, the scene lecture hall at the end was quite telling, too. The look on House's face was priceless. If there was any indication of him starting to get over Cuddy, that is all gone, now.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
I fast forward through all Lucas related material. Putting him with Cuddy is the single most outrageous misstep in the history of this show. I can't believe anyone buys it for a second.

I much preferred the Wilson based episode over this Cuddy based episode.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I didn't mind the episode(what I saw of it) but I came to realise I watch the show for House and his people, an all Cuddy episode isn't something I want to see.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
I actually found it a welcome change of pace. While the House character is the overwhelming force of the show, Both Cuddy and Wilson are his closest peers. An episode from their point of view helps us to better understand the environment House works in.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I think this episode both highlighted the extraordinary problems House causes Cuddy and the reasons she keeps him around. He's her confidant.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
My only real complaint about this ep was that all of Cuddy's problems were resolved by the end of the day, and in her favor. To be more realistic something should have gone wrong that would have carried on. My wife sat there and commented that she knows exactly what Cuddy is going through because there are many days where she has to fix everyone else's problems, yet there are many nights where she can't sleep or she's up late on the laptop dialed in some customer's site trying to fix an issue.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I thought Cuddy kept House around because she prides herself on running the "best" facility, and she thinks House is the best diagnostician around, bar none. Given the stuf fhe pulls, I don't think anybody could need a confidant that much.

As much as this episode did a lot to add depth to the role of hospital administrator, it pointed out to me even more the PI boyfriend is totally out of his league. And that Cuddy yell at the end of the episode was just completely out of character and out of place. Otherwise, I enjoyed the episode.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Mikah Cerucco

I thought Cuddy kept House around because she prides herself on running the "best" facility, and she thinks House is the best diagnostician around, bar none. Given the stuf fhe pulls, I don't think anybody could need a confidant that much.
That's the reason she can justify keeping him around; House is enough of a unique asset for the hospital that the board allows Cuddy to indulge House in his eccentricities. However, House would still be unemployable at any other hospital because no other chief of medicine would be willing to put up with him. Cuddy likes House, even when he absolutely infuriates her.
As much as this episode did a lot to add depth to the role of hospital administrator, it pointed out to me even more the PI boyfriend is totally out of his league. And that Cuddy yell at the end of the episode was just completely out of character and out of place. Otherwise, I enjoyed the episode.

To be fair, Cuddy's never put it all out on the line like that before. She went from being persona non grata to being Princeton-Plainsboro's hero.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I agree Cuddy likes House, but I don't think he's unemployable elsewhere, and I don't think that's the driving reason why she keeps him around. To the outside world, all other hospital admins know is that House is eccentric and excellent at his job. There's nothing that would make him unemployable as the things we see aren't public knowledge. Foreman, on the other hand, is a different story. They've shown he has employement issues if he leaves the hospital. I've seen nothing in Cuddy's character that leads me to believe she's self indulgent enough to keep House around primarily because she likes him. Rather, I think it's all about her need to have her hospital excel. It's also why she keeps Foreman around, even though they don't seem to have the greatest relationship.

Even allowing for fairness, I don't see a hospital administrator yelling "Yes!" in the middle of the hospital lobby. Even going back to the office and doing it is unlikely, but conceivable. But in a hospital lobby? I guess it's possible, but given the one's I've met, I can't see it. It's no biggie, though. It just took away a bit from the episode for me. It would have worked much better for me if they'd gone with a different final shot: Cuddy is behind her desk working on her laptop. The camera starts outside her office and does the Panic Room through the door approach shot. As it gets closer, Cuddy looks up from her laptop, sits back, and allows herself the biggest smile of satisfaction and relief. Fade to black.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks