What's new

House M. D. - Season 6 (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
It was laughable that the guy actually believed enough in karma to ruin himself like that.

House must be getting better, old House would have called that guy a freakin' idiot lol.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I've never lost a child, much less so soon after looking a spouse, so I can't say what I'd do. He probably figures that since it came so quickly to him the first time, he'll be able to do it again.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by The Obsolete Man

I would have liked to have seen House tonight.

However, the DVR only caught a portion of it because of the baseball game.

Guess I have to wait 8 days for Fox.com now.
Usually, I agree with you entirely that this is annoying. In fairness this time though, nobody at Fox could predict an 11-inning game before it happened. If it finished after 9 innings like expected, it would've been on time.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
It was an exciting game in those extra innings.

The next episode will be in November. Next week they are having some dancing show in the 8 PM slot.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Usually I extend the recording (or just record the following show) when I know it's likely to be delayed due to a long game (*cough* Amazing Race *cough*) but didn't think about it in this case.

Whoever develops a foolproof method for DVRs to automatically adjust recording times to account for scheduling delays will end up rich!

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Windows 7 nailed it, I didn't miss a beat. Cool tool I'm playing with hunts for the start of the subtitle feed that goes with shows. Still needs some kinks worked out, but hell, it even wipes out commercials for me, automatically.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Joe_H

Usually, I agree with you entirely that this is annoying. In fairness this time though, nobody at Fox could predict an 11-inning game before it happened. If it finished after 9 innings like expected, it would've been on time.
I know.

I'm not complaining about the game... it ran long. Things like that happen... and there's no way Fox would cut away from a championship game. And eventually, DVR tech will figure this out, and someone will be rich (as was said above).

But House is off until November? Well then, plenty of time to catch up.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
When I saw the game on the DVR, I assumed House got pre-empted for baseball. Thanks for the heads up.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Even seeing Michael Weston's name in the opening credits, the reveal as Cuddie's Secret Boyfriend was a shocker to me. I'm glad Chase finally admitted his murder to Cameron, even if it destroys their relationship. House's confession to Cuddie at the 80's Dance raises the question: how many medical schools did House attend, exactly? I wonder if Wilson will face any further consequences for assisting his dying patient's suicide?

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I looked it up, because I thought they said.

According to http://house.wikia.com/, he attended Johns Hopkins Medical School and got kicked out from there, which I vaguely remember, and then he went to U of M, which is where he met Cuddy when she was an undergrad. So either he got kicked out of U of M as well, or the site is wrong, or the show is wrong.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
As of right now, nobody knows Wilson did anything.

I enjoyed the little stroll down memory lane between House and Cuddy. Side note... some of those costumes at the party were pretty good. I especially smiled at the Mr. T outfit. The foursome restaurant scene didn't play well to me because I didn't see Secret Boyfriend as being a credible date/partner for Cuddy in any shape, form, or fashion. Storywise, it was a nice reveal, but I just don't buy either the character or the actor paired up with Cuddy.

As for Chase revealing his actions to Cameron, there are so many schools of thought on that type of honesty. If it were to destroy their relationship, it would be because of what it says about what type of person Chase is, not that he did anything to Cameron. And let's face it, even if his decision is wrong, it doesn't make him Charles Manson. Decent people kill for the greater good all the time. It's always compelling to watch someone withdraw moments after saying things like, "Talk to me, I'll love you no matter what." It's usually justified by something like, "I loved who I thought you were no matter what, but I see you're not that person."

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Mikah Cerucco

As for Chase revealing his actions to Cameron, there are so many schools of thought on that type of honesty. If it were to destroy their relationship, it would be because of what it says about what type of person Chase is, not that he did anything to Cameron. And let's face it, even if his decision is wrong, it doesn't make him Charles Manson. Decent people kill for the greater good all the time. It's always compelling to watch someone withdraw moments after saying things like, "Talk to me, I'll love you no matter what." It's usually justified by something like, "I loved who I thought you were no matter what, but I see you're not that person."
I would argue that if it destroys their relationship, it's because of what it says about Cameron, not Chase. You can either live with a murderer, however well-intentioned and altruistic the murder was, or you can't. Either way, Chase was right to tell her: If she can live with someone driven to murder by extraordinary circumstances, than the cloud over their relationship dissipates, they deal with it, and move on. If she can't live with it, that their whole relationship moving forward would have been a lie and doomed to failure anyway. Might as well confront the inevitable and let everyone move forward. I still don't agree with the show's decision to take Chase in this direction, but I'm happy they're not dragging it on and at least having him man up about it.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Chase's situation was a pretty unique moral problem. I'm often reminded of the philosophy question: if you could assassinate hitler in 1938, would you?

Most people tend to answer "yes". But, when they review it, what happens is that history changes, let's say none of the holocaust follows. So your event is just murdering a political leader, and no one knows the psychopathic outcome he would have had.
Chase lives in that grey area.. he was put in a situation where he believed the dictator had full plans to kill tens of thousands or more in a prolonged war. Was his action of a murder of one man, or the savior of the thousands who would have died?

That's the question a person can only answer for themselves, and one they showed Cameron struggle with. I think it makes for a great conflict,and a good contrast with the Euthenasia storyline.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Was I the only one who saw the similarities between the comic book author and Joss Whedon? The character writes comic books, makes TV shows about uber-strong female characters, and has a strong following. I literally asked out loud "is FOX going to make this Joss Whedon-like guy a rapist?"

I just found it funny (though he turned out to be innocent), given Whedon's past with FOX :)

Also, the new House poster is awesome: http://www.fox.com/house/_media/features/RV_poster.jpg

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Josh Dial

Also, the new House poster is awesome: http://www.fox.com/house/_media/features/RV_poster.jpg
Ha, that picture showed up in MediaCenter as the new icon for the show, and I was honestly just confused by it lol.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Could someone remind me why Chase stopped being a surgeon and Cameron stopped doing ER work again?

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Joe_H

Could someone remind me why Chase stopped being a surgeon and Cameron stopped doing ER work again?
It seems diagnostics features a drug-like high that just can't be ignored. Plus, I'm not a doctor, but it seems like a chance at working with the *best* in a speciality is equally hard to ignore (as this recent episode displayed).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks