What's new

House, M.D. Season 3 Ongoing Thread (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Unless they want to attempt to threaten Hugh Laurie in salary negotiations and tell him a future season the show could turn into Foreman. I can't see this working, but this is FOX.

Neil

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I really do not like Foreman and I hope he is leaving. But, I doubt he will.

His character is more "unlikable" than House's. At least House is up front with his negativity. You know where you stand. Foreman is more like a Cancer and does things behind your back. He just seems very unlikable.

So who do we think made the call to cancel Foreman's interview? Was it really House just messing with Foreman to be mean? He never actually admited it... Or did I miss that?

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
They left it unsaid, but he did say things like, "Sometimes I forget why I hired you," and he didn't mean that in a bad way. House was giving kudos to Chase for figuring it out. They even had a bit of a discussion about it all.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The kid playing the jerk was pretty good as I was really hating him for most of the episode.

He strongly resembled (in skin-tone) That Yellow Bastard from Sin City.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

I almost fell off the couch, that was great. Haven't seen the DVDs so far. Have they kept the original music? If so, the producers are probably clearing the DVD music rights up-front - which makes sense. While In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida (not "La Vida" - Nitpicker Joe ;)) may seem like the "perfect" song for that moment, I'm sure that any number of other 60s or 70s proto-metal or psychedelic songs would have worked just as well - and some were probably considered. The thing about securing the DVD rights at the same time as the broadcast rights is that if one song is too expensive you can substitute another before the episode is finished and long before it airs. So nobody knows what the "original" song was going to be and no one opens their wrists because the music was changed when the DVDs are finally released. ;)

Regards,

Joe

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
"Supernatural" used the same song in their first season (plus lots of other classic rock tracks) and all original music appeared on the S1 DVD's. The producers said classic rock is quite cheap to clear, so I don't think there's any doubt "House" should be able to afford it, as well.

I don't understand all these new shows that are not clearing broacast and DVD rights at the same time and having to replace music. The show is only broadcast once or twice, but will live forever on DVD. That should be the priority.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
No remarks on House calling Cuddy a cun. . . ning woman, then Cameron telling Chase 'see you next Tuesday?'

Joe_H

Screenwriter

Yeah, i agree that he admitted it, although all through the episode, I thought it was going to be a smoke-screen by Foreman so that nobody would mess with his real interview whenever that would be.

I also agree with the poster above how House was proving that Foreman isn't ready for his own team for not questioning House's judgement.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

I missed House's line, otherwise I promise you, I would have mentioned it. :)

I considered the idea that Foreman might have cancelled his own appointment, but that didn't seem to make much sense to me. What would be the point? If he wanted the new job he would have just gone. Even if he didn't want the job it would have made more sense to go on the interview and use any offer that resulted as leverage to get a better deal from Princeton-Plainsboro. If he just wanted to raise hell with the staff he could have gone on the interview and just said someone cancelled it. (Somebody would have eventually checked his story, but he would have already created whatever trouble he was trying to cause in the meantime.)

I kinda liked the idea of Chase being the one. Not for the reason that Cameron postulated, but because House would be happy if Foreman stayed, Cameron would be happy if House were happy, and Chase would be happy if Cameron were happy.

Regards,

Joe

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member

I'm still trying to wrap my head around that POV.

Being a successful diagnostician isn't an on/off switch where you either are or aren't. I think Foreman can be good but still have room for improvement. Thus, he could be good at running his own show even if he still considers House better at it than he is. I don't think deferring to the opinion of someone you consider better at it than you automatically means you're not ready.

I just don't get the POV that folks should argue their opinions to the death even while aware on some level that someone else may have a better one. When I argue, I argue because I'm convinced I'm right, not because I might be. I think when Foreman is convinced he's right, he fights and stands his ground. When folks are all confused and standing around making educated guesses, who wouldn't go with House's guess? I'd think even 90+% of the folks who are running their own programs would strongly consider House's educated guesses if they know his track record -- even though they don't work for him (which Foreman does).

Comments?

Marianne

Supporting Actor
They're so busy competing with each other and trying to win the diagnosis game that they missed another one. Earlier in the diagnostic process someone mentioned Hemochromatosis but it was discounted because "personality disorder" wasn't a symptom. They should know better because they have an example of someone in their midst who is just plain 'evil' (according to Foreman).

I would have thought they would have two differential diagnosis lists - one with personality disorder listed and one without and tested for both eventualities because a person can be perfectly healthy and still be a total asshole.

JMHO :)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yeah, I couldn't figure out why they were so stuck on "personality" as a symptom, either. As soon as they put it on the board, I thought to myself, "that's not a symptom, that's just HIM."

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I spent this morning watching "Black Adder" a series I loved years ago and still find myself laughing at.

Hugh Laurie was so good in that, also, playing off Rowan Atkinson well, especially in the WWI segments.

If there was ever a guest actor I wish would come on this show, Rowan Atkinson would be it. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Maybe a House/Bones crossover could make it possible for Laurie to be reunited with Fry for an episode or two. Fry plays Seely Booth's shrink on Bones.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
A House/Bones crossover seems like it would be a great idea. Not sure, plot-wise, how it could be done, but I am sure there is a way.

Wouldn't it be fun to have House talk to Bones. That would be a wierd looking script. :)

Or have Angela meet House. I wonder what she would say to someone as mean and rude as House?

I am jazzed about tonight. I finally bought a 1080p LCD HDTV and tonight will be my first time viewing House in HD. The previews (in HD) make it look very good. I hope the show is as good as the previews.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks