What's new

House, M.D. Season 3 Ongoing Thread (1 Viewer)

Marianne

Supporting Actor
The current issue of Rolling Stone has an interview with Hugh Laurie. Apparently he was filming "Flight of the Phoenix" and made a half-joking audition video for House. This caught the eye of Bryan Singer and the rest is history!

BTW Hugh Laurie was in an episode of "Friends". In a 1998 episode he played "Gentleman on a Plane". It is the one where Ross was getting married in England and Rachel flies over to try to stop him. Hugh Laurie was the guy she was annoying on the flight.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Why I brought this up. Is that in Stuart Little he is so friendly and caring. Completly opposite to House.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Well, Bertie Wooster is also friendly and caring, in his own way. :)

And in the Blackadder shows Laurie played a complete idiot - also the opposite of House. :D

Regards,

Joe

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
My wife and I have just recently started watching the series, and my wife's reaction is that it must be nice for Hugh to finally play a role other than a twit.

We've also been watching Blackadder and Jeeves & Wooster lately, so we've had a lot to compare it to.

Jason

Abe D

Agent
Real Name
Abe D
Apart from the ass grab it was a pretty run-of-the-mill episode. I'm finding the whole Cameron/Chase storyline uninteresting and redundant. One of the highlights of the episode (and indeed the whole show) is the interaction/banter between House and Wilson.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Different strokes, I guess. I thought the whole episode was fun and laughed out loud several times. (My cat thinks I'm crazy.) I'm fine with the Cameron-Chase thing because I think it is really all about Cameron & House. (Did you notice how much of Chase's description of the little kid who was hitting on Cameron sounded like House? :)) I think theres' going to be a House/Cameron/Cuddy triangle (or maybe a quadrangle if you throw in Wilson) at some point. And the dialogue was great.

"I sent Wilson flowers."

:D

Regards,

Joe

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I am sure this kid will be scarred for life now. They should arrest the actress for molesting this poor innocent young boy. :)

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Yeah, I really was liking the House-Wilson stuff last night, especially the "I sent Wilson flowers" part, as well as the little smirks on House's face when Wilson was saying how he was going to go kiss her because of the flowers.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Good stuff last night between House and Wilson lol, but for some reason the line I liked was when House found out that Foreman gave Chase and Cameron that crap assignment and then left..."You went home!? Good for you."

That's what House does all the time so it was a "i've taught you well" moment.

:laugh:

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Another laugh-out-loud moment for me. I used to have the original "Woody Allen: The Nightclub Years 1964-1968" compilation (which includes some material not available on "Woody Allen: Comedian" and which I was were available on CD) and "Eggs" was a favorite bit. (Actually, everything on those discs was great, and most of it aged pretty well, since he didn't do a great deal of topical material. The consistently high level of the stuff in his nightclub act stands in sharp contrast to the hit-or-miss, move on to the next joke quality of many of today's stand-ups. The same could be said of Bill Cosby's early records.)

Regards,

Joe

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Not mentioned? It was a plot point. :) Did you get up to make s sandwich and miss an act? :D

I could have slapped the father and the teacher for failing to mention the son's nosebleeds (and the other children making fun of his b.o.) since that, along with precocious hitting on Cameron, convinced me that he as was least as sick as his sister in his own way from the git-go, and made me sure there was an environmental source from the first mention of the word "hormones'.

Regards,

Joe

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
I enjoyed the homage to John Candy in Splash (1984).
Freddie: (waving a copy of Penthouse) They published my letter. Here it is, "A lesbian no more". They published my letter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks