What's new

House, M.D. ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Which patient are you referring to? The well-endowed female at the clinic, or the wife of John Doe (who was not as busty, and wanted to sleep all the time)?

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Sounds like he's mixing the two patients up. I'm still not sold on the way that House has his epiphanies, though fortuitous patient timings (the pregnancy a couple weeks ago, the boob-job this week, etc) but there are little character momemts that I love, like House walking away and turning on the TV "to think." Great stuff. I flipped back-and-forth between this and Scrubs and, though I like the latter, it just can't compare with how much fun House is. It's like the real world with real humor in difficult, life-or-death situations and nothing wraps up perfectly.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
Well last nights was more of the same. :thumbsdown:

I'll give it a few more episodes, but I am quickly losing interest.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
2/1/05

It was weird seeing Locke (from the Matrix sequels) as a patient.

House was in good form as he had to deal with working around a DNR, even having to go to court to get the restraining order lifted.

The happenstance of diagnosis and treatment is highlighted to show that medicine is a wait-n-see, test, re-test, test again, and is not quite an exact science, even with the abundance of diagnostic tools which rule things out, but don't quite provide the right course of treatment in a quick manner.

I barely recognized Chloe Webb, she had her eyes pulled back via plastic surgery, it would seem.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
THAT'S where I've seen him from. It kept bugging me, I knew he looked incredibly familiar. That was bothering me, thanks Patrick.

Personally, I loved the discourse about the nature of confidence in the medical field and the comparison between House and Foreman's other doctor...

And why did they have to name him Eric Foreman???

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
"Lily Kane" (Veronic Mars) on House, M.D. tonight!

House stops taking painkillers in exchange for one week of clinic-free duty and he messes up!!! But what a comeback, which was humbling for all parties. House admits he has an addiction to the pills but that it's not a problem for him.

As our local newscaster said, House is like Simon Cowell's more-sarcastic brother.
-

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
A shame more people haven't commented on House recently, especially after the last two stellar episodes. Indeed, it's still a bit formulaic, but sometimes it's not about the destination, nor the road taken, but the amount of fun it is along the way. Very tense moments in this one, I certainly hope they force House to deal with his issues in upcoming episodes as well as they did in this one.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
I found it interesting (and bold) to allow House to admit to the addiction, but continue popping the pills with the excuse "I don't have a problem."

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I didn't. Not all addictions are bad, and too much of anything is bad. From his standpoint you have to make a choice, and when you're in pain 24/7 the choices are limited. After all, you can't say that he was worse off while on the meds; especially now that we have seen him off of them.

Fantastic show, though. House is really a character that I'd never want to have to deal with (as a doctor) IRL. I wonder what he was like before his accident?

Glenn

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

That would be a fun episode - some flashbacks to him "before". Sorta like when Taxi showed the Reverend Jim in college. ;)

Regards,

Joe

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I was turned on with the "Locke" episode as a jazz musician. The switch with the legs for his lungs was a nice touch and that got me hooked. Tuesday's episode with the kid and accident was, I thought, pretty damn good.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H

I'm not sure of your stance? "Not all addictions are bad" contradicts "too much of anything is bad."

But, your stance aside, the show clearly does not side with House's 'excuse'. Otherwise, why show him getting high and zoning out at the end of the episode. He is a drug addict. That is bad and self-destructive.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Caffeine is a drug, and people are addicted to it, and Id laugh if someone said that statement to me. Im not comparing apples to oranges either, chemicals are chemicals.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
I just caught this show for the first time last week and loved it. Hugh Laurie's character is so wonderful. A complete and total ass, and god bless him for it too. Some of the funniest stuff on television, and its in a drama:)

Tonights episode was a repeat I discovered, but directed by Bryan Singer. Can see the show as formulaic already as others have posted, but its too much fun watching just how uncaring House can be.

Best part tonight was introducing himself to the walk in clinic. "Hello, I am Gregory House. This is vicoden. It is mine. And no, you cannot have any. I dont have a pain control problem. I have a pain problem."

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
So, is House gay with his coworker? It seemed that way during the Monster Truck episode a few episodes back. I'm surprised noone has brought that up yet.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, I think they've established Robert Sean Leonard's character as having a problem staying away from the ladies despite being married, at least off-screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks