What's new

House, M.D. ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Finally watched last week's episode, and I enjoyed it, but it is the wisecracks and sarcasm of House that I find entertaining, and his bedside manner can be absolutely hilarious at times. Plus, his OCD in diagnostics, while creating situations to push his interns is pretty fun too (even if the life of the patient is at stake).

StephenT

Stunt Coordinator
A lot of shows have patterns: CSIs, Law & Orders, Murder She Wrote. Heck the more I think about it almost every show has a pattern. I guess it depends on how much it can be varried. This one so far hasn't varried much. But did Murder She Wrote vary that much. Just a different murder each week. Here a different disease each week.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
It's more than "a different disease each week", though - so far, the series is practically running on rails: Victim collapses in teaser, House & company make their first incorrect diagnosis at 9:08, House meets patient who thinks she knows better than doctors at 9:12, complications at 9:26, House meets patient who gives him an idea about main storyline at 9:37, proper diagnosis at 9:42...

Not that House is unique in this - you can practically set your watch by Law & Order - but it's not yet doing a great job of disguising it.

Evan M

Second Unit
Next week's preview looks as though they are going to mix it up a bit, looks like good potential for a memorable episode.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
12/07/04 "Maternity"

At least the pregnant runner who couldn't lose weight didn't quite provide House with the clue to find a cure.

House is one intuitive guy - re: Cameron's possible loss of a child of her own.

House does crack me up in his interchanges with mere patients, and the hospital staff. I'm already pencilling Hugh Laurie for an Emmy nomination slot.

Ever Carradine wasn't her slightly annoying self (from her days on "Once and Again") and gave a good performance.

Roberto Carlo

Second Unit

I'm thinking more like she lost a baby brother or sister. Recall when House, going on her behavior and attitudes, surmised that she was an only child and she said that she wasn't. That may be what she meant.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The only thing was the whole "hold the baby" thing that Cameron suggested that made me think she had been through the same thing, but I don't know if she'd been through that exercise if she was the sister of a baby who died as a baby. But, still a plausible scenario.

Evan M

Second Unit
That Parasite line was great! I was rolling from that one. ;)

Overall, though, the episode nailed the template that they have been using and wasn't very interesting...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
12/14/04

I still liked how House turned the tables on Cutti. I also like how the viewers gets a glimpse into the pasts of the interns by the patients they encounter.

I recognized Santa as Rory's principal at her high school on Girlmore Girls. Loved it when House prescribed one cigarette/day to treat his condition.

I barely recognized Elizabeth Mitchell in the short haired wig as the nun stricken with the challenging ailment. I was cracking up during his discussion of her tattoo and breasts (talk of such should be sacrilege, but House pulls it off beautifully).

I'll keep tuning in as long as they keep airing the episodes.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
More amusing to me is that I've had that condition and the treatments he rattled off were, in fact, ones I'd had. Fortunately, we never got to nicotine.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
12/21/04

House continues to amuse me with his bedside manner, and ways of attacking medical problems with no quick-n-easy diagnosis.

I wonder how many times House will prep patients in order for surgeons to do their thing in removing tumors. That was kind of sneaky, and Cutti called him on it, but let it slip on through, much to the irritation of the surgeon performing the surgery and seeing what was done to shrink the size of the tumor in order to get it removed under hospital guidelines.

I continue to crush on Cameron as she continues to keep trying to humanize House, this time out, she wishes House a happy birthday, and House is unprepared for the well wishes.

What is with these interns doing B&E, and stealing apartment keys in order to do some investigative work on their patients? Surely they are going to get caught and land in hot water soon.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Y'know, they have a shot of Dr. Cuddy's door pretty much every episode.

Funny this week: English actor doing a sort of passable American accent doing a bad English accent. That sort of thing amuses me.

Leo

Second Unit
Pat, but if they get caught, House will most likely deny he knew anything about it. It's a great series. The wife and I are enjoying it.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Oh, forgot about the "oh wait, I didn't catch that" SLAP!!!

(BTW, on my ReplayTV recording of certain channels, text is hard to read. Chalk it up to my cable feed spliced 6 ways to Sunday).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Just a reminder that we get a new episode of House tonight. I think everything else is a rerun tonight, while The Amazing Race appears to be a clips show to catch viewers up on the race so far.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
12/28/04

How can you not like House calling in Wilson for a consult with the patient with the enhanced bustline, and ordering tests to make it more "legitimate"? Haha. Glad Cuddy called them on it.

I think I've seen enough of Domenic Purcell in guest-starring roles. I found it somewhat hard to accept someone willing to keep infidelity a secret when it threatens to kill them. But, given the spouse's reaction the patient knew why the infidelity had to be kept secret for their marriage to continue.

The backstory for Cameron makes her an even more heartbreaking character in some respects, she's got a lot of heart, and the emotional distance between her and her patients is probably too small for her to be effective in the long run in this medical capacity.

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit
Caught House for the first time tonight. Better than expected. Liked the quick dialogue (reminiscent of early West Wing and Scrubs) and the case was interesting. There is some subtlety to the acting I sense.

Good to see Pat Leonard working regularly. Might have to add this to the PVR schedule.

Ivan

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Next week is the rerun of the pilot episode for House, but the next new episode of House won't be for another month, grr...

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
A month? Crap!

I liked tonight's episode too, and I was sure that I had it figured out about halfway through, but it turned out that she did screw around. Not that it would have been 'good', but I was thinking that she was raped when she went in for her boob job, and was drugged, or was slipped a pill at a bar when she was out 'with the girls'. Oh well. Another great episode.

Glenn

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks